Quick expert fecal id needed!

(9 posts)
  1. scarred4lyfe

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Jan 21 2018 17:48:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Help! Can someone provide peace of mind or guidance on the following images, which are driving me crazy? Yesterday evening, while getting into bed, I noticed the following stain on the UNDER side of our TOP sheet (aka, the part that lays directly on top of us). Here is a far away image:
    https://ibb.co/jNBrmw

And a close up image:
    https://ibb.co/hAEBmw

This is perhaps just as gross as if it were an actual bed bug, but my wife thinks the stain is from me popping a zit on my back while trying to fall asleep. I don't remember doing this, but it is something I do as a sort of nervous habit, and the location of where this is on the sheet WOULD match up with that theory (it is directly by my torso). I should also mention that before these pictures were taken, I put a little hydrogen peroxide on the spot, and no fizz.

I also get occasional, ISOLATED small itchy bumps, at different points of the day. Here is one that is currently on my arm:
    https://ibb.co/izrrmw

No other signs to speak of. There is nothing under our bed, and we have a metal bed stand/NO box spring, and really extremely few places for bugs to hide around our bed. Have not seen any other alarming spots or skin casts. We even have had a couple of glue traps laid around our bed for the past few weeks, and nothing has shown up there either.

A few years ago, in a different city, my wife and I had a mild bed bug infestation, but the fear has lingered with us (especially me) ever since. Please see other posts of mine if interested in the larger story, but I won't include all of that here. Thoughts?? Assurance???

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Jan 21 2018 23:07:43
    #

Login to Send PM

No one can tell you if a skin reaction was from bed bugs, not even a dermatologist.

Wait for a fecal ID-- there are very few experts who do fecal IDs.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. F. Pazos

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jan 22 2018 2:49:38
    #

Login to Send PM

As Nobugsonme said, nothing I can say about your arm... in the other side, I don't think that that is a bed bug fecal

Professional PCO based in Hong Kong specialized in Bed Bugs.
  4. scarred4lyfe

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 16:57:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for these responses! Glad to know the mark doesn't look like feces. No other marks to speak of since then.
    As you mentioned, bites (or what may look like bites) alone don't prove anything because they can be anything. I've still been getting occasional itchy spots, none of which really look like the bed bug bites I had 3 years ago, but they are still a mystery. Would I be advised NOT to contact my landlord at this point? I struggle with knowing if that at this point would be too proactive or not enough.

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 17:02:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I wouldn't contact the landlord just yet. I would monitor the situation and stay vigilant. If you find live bed bugs, fecal stains and cast skins it might be time to call in for a professional inspection.

6. scarred4lyfe

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 17:29:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Will do. What would be the reasonable amount of time before I could relax my mind and assume, if I'm not seeing any other tangible signs, I must have a reaction to something else?

7. F. Pazos

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 19:02:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I would suggest you to monitor fro 2 to 3 weeks, if bed bugs are present, it will show in that time, specially knowing that you are already familiar with them

8. scarred4lyfe

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jan 27 2018 9:20:01
    #

Login to Send PM

What about a stain like this, discovered this morning?

https://ibb.co/dDAL4G

This one is on top of our bottom sheet (aka the part we sleep on top of) more on my wife's side, down by our legs. Anything to be concerned over? No other signs, really. Thought I would just add to this thread rather than start a new one.

9. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jan 29 2018 11:09:06
    #

Login to Send PM

That's not bed bug related.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,396 posts in 48,808 topics over 150 months by 21,434 of 21,838 members. Latest: dc8184, bedbugtoronto, stinson