Quick & Easy Success Story?

(8 posts)
  1. WhatANightmare

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2015 18:05:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Has anyone experienced a quick and "easy" success story?

I had my first treatment last week and initially there was a lot more activity, but I haven't seen any live or dead bugs, fecal stains or bites in about 3 or 4 days. My 2nd treatment is next week. I might be grasping for any signs of positivity and hope here, but has any one experienced success after the initial treatment? I was told it was a mild case and I am trying to convince myself that things are looking good and I won't have to endure this terrible situation for months on end

2. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2015 21:09:33
    #

Login to Send PM

You don't see many quick and easy on the forums. There have been cases of one treatment and done, but 2 or 3 treatments seem the norm. Those people quickly leave the forum, and the people posting are often the poor people with ineffective PCOs, landlords who don't treat adjoining units, just bad luck, etc.

So, if you are new to the forum and read the comments, it seems like everyone suffers for months. I'm hoping you are one of the people where it is quickly resolved and you can post your success story!

I'm a lurker for several years and have never had BBs. So, this is a "bump"for other opinions, mostly. Good luck!!!

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  3. WhatANightmare

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Oct 13 2015 10:24:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks theyareouthere, I agree.

Hopefully I will be able to post a success story soon! Unfortunately, the optimism I was experiencing has diminished slightly as I found one of those suckers walking along the wall in my closet this morning (that was a first). Very frustrating to not know where they are coming from.

Sigh. I suppose it hasn't even been a week since the first treatment (seems like it's been weeks!). Fingers crossed the optimism returns and the success story is on its way!

4. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Oct 13 2015 19:03:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Good luck! Sending non-buggy thoughts your way!

5. FormerlyBuggy

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Oct 13 2015 19:20:33
    #

Login to Send PM

It does take some time, but hopefully if you have a good PCO it won't be too much time.

Can you tell us what kind of treatment you had? Was it a licensed PCO? What exactly did they use?

Melanie

I am NOT an expert - just a grateful bed bug survivor willing to share my experience, strength, and hope with others.
  6. WhatANightmare

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Oct 13 2015 20:51:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Melanie,

It was a licensed PCO who was brought in by my landlord. Unfortunately, I was in such a panic at the time and hadn't yet come across this amazing forum, so the only question I was able to spit out when they came was "You're gonna spray a lot, right? And get rid of them?". I do know it was a chemical spray that was used. They also sprayed the unit next to mine, above and below. My apartment is roughly 550 square feet and he was in here for about a half hour or so. The guy who came didn't seem too fazed by my infestation. He said he only spotted a few and didn't think it was all that bad (although, he said he saw them under the couch which was strange because I hadn't, and still have not, seen any in the living room, only in the bedroom).

My next treatment is Monday and now that I have so much more knowledge behind me, I plan to ask a lot more questions.

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Oct 13 2015 22:24:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Ask the landlord if they have had attached apartments professionally inspected. Most won't do this but if they will, it is a good assurance there isn't a continuing problem that can come back.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  8. WhatANightmare

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Oct 14 2015 20:33:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm back again with another question!

All of my bb sightings since the first treatment have been during the day. I haven't had any new bites (that I've noticed) and no fecal stains on the sheets. Is it normal to see them out in the day time post treatment? (1 yesterday, 1 today, and a handful the day after treatment).

Thank you for all the replies and well wishes. It is the only thing that has helped calm me since this nightmare started!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,416 posts in 48,817 topics over 151 months by 21,435 of 21,838 members. Latest: dc8184, bedbugtoronto, stinson