Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Questions after 2nd PCO visit

(7 posts)
  1. NY_lady

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Jun 30 2017 8:44:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

Another family member has developed itchy welts all over his legs especially around his knees. Probably 35 or more within 2 days. He called a 2nd PCO for a dog assisted sweep.

The handler conducted a pre search (primarily to see whether it was safe for the dog as they gave encountered unsafe houses where there were piles of dust out in the open). Handler checked the bedroom where the new bites had occurred for about 30 minutes. No fecal stains, no eggs, no casings, no bb. Interceptor contained nothing. Beds are encased Same in the other rooms. Called off the dog sweep and rescheduled for a week.

PCO felt something didn't add up with bb. That many bites should have some evidence . As we have pets requested we contact our vet and get a new flea treatment. Also told to continue cleaning and bagging clothes but not sheets or vacuuming. Keep any evidence we find (first PCO took what we had originally found). If things got bad before our next appointment to call cell phone and would come right over.

Here are my questions
    Bite location- legs, knees, thighs and areas near clothing line- more likely to be Fleas?
    This PCO said no treatment even if dog alert if handler could not confirm, would a week be sufficient to get evidence of bb?
    Given the number if bites received in a very short time have some degree of droppings etc. For visual confirmation?

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Jun 30 2017 9:20:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Bite locations don't sound like bed bugs. I agree with the PCO, no live signs no treatment.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  3. NY_lady

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Jun 30 2017 9:32:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Richard.

Do you also believe 30 plus bites would leave at least some evidence?

4. NY_lady

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Jun 30 2017 9:33:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Richard.

Do you also believe 30 plus bites would leave at least some evidence?

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Jun 30 2017 9:35:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I would think so if they were in fact from bed bugs.

6. AintComingHomeWithMe

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Jun 30 2017 9:51:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm no expert but this really sounds like fleas to me. You'll need to treat the house, not just the pets, I think.

7. NY_lady

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Jun 30 2017 11:07:53
    #

Login to Send PM

First PCO said he found a bb casing, but I do not have it, which started the bb scare. New PCO didn't think things added up with many bites but no physical evidence. Coming back next Thursday for a "dog assisted sweep" but stated no treatment for bb without handler visual confirm. She did say she may talk to the "flea team" after the sweep. Also suggested banning pets from sleeping areas and not to panic. So for now, no cleaning just new flea treatments on the pets. I'd actually be delighted to hear it was fleas at thus point.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,592 posts in 46,609 topics over 142 months by 20,558 of 21,426 members. Latest: Takeabreath415, wierzbol, Helpwithdabuggaz2