(2 posts)
  1. dancesonfire

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat May 4 2013 23:26:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I just confirmed that we had bedbugs in our apartments. We are attempting to get the Complex to go with a thermal treatment of our apartment and I had a question for those that have been through the treatment. What did they do with your electronics. My room mates and I all work in IT so we have multiple computers, laptops, monitors and other electronics. Do they need to be removed from the apartment before a thermal treatment? Does the treatment create extra moisture in the air?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun May 5 2013 2:00:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi dances,

The thermal treatment provider should give you detailed prep instructions as to what should be removed from the home.

Note that thermal treatment can involve raising temps to 140 or more, and so your laptop may indeed be in danger. (Manufacturers can tell you what temperatures a product can withstand; I know looking at the detailed fine print tech specs on Apple's site, for example, gave me relevant info. on this.)

The good news is electronics are seldom infested, though it's not impossible and depends in part on where they were used and stored, and where bed bugs were harboring.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,655 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982