Questions about placement of BB Alert Passive and causes of bites

(3 posts)
  1. Bubble

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Jul 23 2012 21:22:20
    #

Login to Send PM

I have unrelated two questions. One about placement of BB Alert Passive: my bed is one with slatted mattress support, and I am planning to place the monitor under the slat. But I am deciding which end to place. The head might be good because the bed bugs are attracted to CO2, but all of the 'bites' I've got are on my legs and feet, so placing it on the other end might have a higher chance to catch the bug? Which end would you recommend in this situation?

For the second question, what are bugs other than bed bugs that can cause the similar skin reactions? what's about something else that has nothing to do with any bugs? I visited a nurse practitioner in the health center in my university, and she identified my red bumps on my skin as insect bites. However, PCO has inspected my apartment today and found no evidence of bed bugs. So, I am planning to look for other causes of my skin reaction and let the monitor to do the work of detecting bed bugs.

Thank you.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jul 24 2012 4:58:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I would install at the head end of the bed as per the instructions. This is because the main bedbug activity tends to be at the head end as its closer to the CO2 which stimulates them to seek food.

Bedbug bites mainly on legs is highly unusual as they usually head for the first exposed skin which is usually at the head end of the bed so I would not be too surprised if this one is negative for bedbugs.

There are plenty of other issues from other insects to medical conditions which could account for the skin reactions you are getting so I would try to keep an open mind as to the potential cause.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly acknowledge my vested interest int eh Passive Monitor technology as the inventor.

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. Bubble

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jul 24 2012 5:47:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the help, David. I will do as you suggest.

On a side note, I might find a possible cause. I saw small black bugs that jumped when I tried to catch them. And based on my search on Google, they really looked like fleas. I might create another thread for ID.

Again thank you for this helpful forum.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,581 posts in 46,607 topics over 142 months by 20,556 of 21,424 members. Latest: Me33, csinsdca, Takeabreath415