Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Questioning PCO's service

(13 posts)
  1. Distressed in NJ

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Apr 5 2014 16:02:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a second appointment scheduled for my PCO visit. But I am told that it is not necessary for me to leave the premises while he is here. Why would that be? That leads me to believe it will only be a follow up inspection rather than another chemical treatment. I was under the impression that there would be three treatments. It doesn't seem to me that a single chemical treatment will do the job if that's the case. I am starting to get the feeling again that I am being ripped off. This is costing over a thousand dollars.

2. Daylight

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Apr 5 2014 17:40:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Distressed,

I wouldn't worry about that too much. All companies have their own methods, but usually if they say three treatments, they mean three treatments. Every job is dependent on its circumstances, but if they inspected and determined the three treatments, then they should honor it. They know that there could be some eggs that have hatched in between treatments and they will want to make sure they take care of them.

When are they coming for the second treatment? You can always demand that they treat if you find any evidence or get any new bites. (I'm not a professional, but I have read that on here).

Try to focus on getting things better. Monitor and save any evidence you may find to show them when they come back.

Hang in there and stay positive!

3. Distressed in NJ

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Apr 5 2014 17:48:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you, daylight. The appointment is scheduled for 4/23. The thing is that I'm not sure whether they meant the three visits were all for treatments or just the first visit was for treatment and the follow up visits for inspections. I just know they are supposed to come three times.

4. Daylight

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Apr 5 2014 18:01:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Wasn't your 1st treatment this week? Usually they come back in 2 weeks, not 3. You can always call them on Monday and ask about it. The main thing is--are there any more bugs or evidence around? Did they give you a list of things to do or a protocol to follow with clothes, etc? Sometimes one treatment does eliminate everything.

I hope someone with more knowledge and experience will relieve your mind on this. Until then, try to relax.. Sometimes, staying busy takes your mind off of it too.

5. Distressed in NJ

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Apr 5 2014 18:42:01
    #

Login to Send PM

My first treatment was this past Wednesday.

6. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Apr 5 2014 20:40:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I'm not an expert. So that the experts can provide some input, what did they use on the first visit? They are supposed to leave a sheet. I'm not an expert, but I thought Phantom was every 3 weeks.

Good luck.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  7. Distressed in NJ

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Apr 5 2014 21:49:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know what was used.

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Apr 5 2014 23:40:46
    #

Login to Send PM

They should have left a list of products applied, and where, with the customer. If you have a landlord, ask to see this. If you're the customer, ask the company.

I know in NY, by law, they have to leave a list of what was applied and where, and I'd be surprised if NJ did not require this (someone here will likely know).

You should also be able to ask whether they will be treating.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  9. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Apr 6 2014 10:09:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hmmm . . .

Competent professionals will leave a label and MSDS for products applied in your home. If they don't, be sure to ask for them !

Additionally, note that the residual activity of many of the products applied may be many months within the indoor environment. As such, it is not necessary to re-apply additional pesticide "on top of" previously applied materials.

The follow up service may be "more targeted" than the initial service which could be amongst the primary reasons you would not need to leave.

Hope this helps ! paul b.

10. Distressed in NJ

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Apr 6 2014 11:46:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok, that does help, thank you

11. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Apr 6 2014 15:23:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Happy to help ! pjb

12. ITortureBugs4Revenge

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Apr 7 2014 1:22:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Looking up info on how long a particular company has been in business, as well as the reviews by previous customers (If you can find any that is) should tell you all you need to know about the company's reputability, or lack of it. If the pest control outfit you are dealing with has been in business for a good while chances are they do good work, as someone who does a lousy job wouldn't be able to keep his business afloat for very long.

.....I am NOT an expert.....

Any advice i give here is based solely on my own personal experiences in dealing with bedbugs & other household vermin.
  13. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Apr 7 2014 7:23:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hmmm . . .

How long a company has been in business alone is not always the best barometer for a variety of reasons.

However, checking out references from actual customers, consumer affairs department information, asking about their warranties and other such sources will serve the consumer well.

Longevity claims are problematic and a personal pet peeve of mine. For example, in SE Asia folks have been eating with "sticks" for centuries yet that doesn't make it a superior methodology to using actual utensils, does it? Plus, "doing it this way for many years" does not make it better when compared to viable alternatives.

Hope this helps ! pjb

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,743 posts in 49,539 topics over 153 months by 21,702 of 22,146 members. Latest: HelpMe342, tristramshandy123, germanhippie