Questioning my PCO

(3 posts)
  1. Woodrow15

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Sep 13 2017 21:09:02
    #

Login to Send PM

First BB spray was August 10. They sprayed Zenprox and some sort of aerosol on the furniture. We were informed there was a 28 day residual in the stuff so they'd be back to treat again on September 6th. In the mean time, we continued to get bit and I was quickly loosing hope that will ever get rid of them. Our second spray on the 6th was again the Zenprox and aerosol. The bites increased and we are now finding bugs (dead) in places that we had never seen them before...not even after treatment #1. I started to research the Zenprox and learned that it actually does not have a residual of 28 days for anything other than fleas, everything else was listed for 14 days. Technically we went 14 days with no chemical between these sprays. I contacted the PCO and inquired about what I found on the manufacturer website about the residual and he admitted he had no idea that it was only 14 days as he was trained that it lasted 28. He is supposed to be checking with his boss in the morning to see what we can do about our situation. I'm wondering if these guys know what they are doing since they didn't even know the chemical wasn't good past 14 days. They are coming back next Wednesday to retreat but we get charged every time they come (we have to pay for these), even after our landlord paid an initial $700....oh, and we live in a multi housing unit where the issue began in the apartment below us and they moved up and invaded our home. I've informed the landlord about the issue with the treatment and the info I found on the chemical and she is going to contact the PCO too. I'm wondering if this company is a joke and we're just out a crap ton of money. 😟

2. stylinmama21

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 14 2017 9:27:10
    #

Login to Send PM

In general I'm learning that a lot of PCOs don't really know what they're talking about unless they ONLY do bedbugs. Those people seem to REALLY know what's up and what to do.

My PCO was here and he sprayed, then filled all of the outlets with pesticide dust then went ahead and used an aerosol bomb. Which I've been reading just forces bedbugs from the room they were in and spreads the issue.

Another I talked too uses ONLY heat, which I've read doesn't work either. Should be heat with pesticides stayed after.

I'm really just starting to realize that there are no good PCOs within a 2 hour radius of where I live. I haven't ventured out yet to see if there are any within a 4 hour radius as I wouldn't be able to afford the travel costs anyway.

3. Myworstnightmare

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 14 2017 12:12:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Woodrow - I am questioning mine as well. When he came for the inspection he told me this was mild, confined to one room and a 1 on a scale from 1 to 10 and that it would be easy. Easy!!! Here I am 6 weeks after starting treatment and I don't see anything easy about it!

He should have recommended I get rid of my daughters' beds immediately instead of waiting until I was near a nervous break down 10 days after the third treatment and still getting eaten alive! Then he says, well I'm not going to tell you what to do with your property, if you want to get rid of them, get rid of them, that will reduce the population. Um yah, I want to reduce the population! Sooner rather than later please!!!!

So I paid 350 to have them taken apart wrapped and hauled away. Went two nights no bites, then last night, I wake up with two bites and an ADULT male bug in the bed with me!!! I kept one mattress (the memory foam one that was not on the infested bed, it doesn't have seams so easy to check) and ordered a simple metal frame off amazon. Now my pco is on vacation and the frame is not treated, really hoping he will come out when he gets back next week and treat it for me before my 4th spray which is not scheduled until September 28. I think I have slept 8 hours in the last three nights. I don't know how to get myself together.

So I guess what I am really saying in response to your post - is yes, you should question your pco! I wish I had gone with my gut about the style bed my daughters have. I would have gotten rid of it immediately and I believe would be much further along than I am. Only one treatment left and I am still finding live adults?????HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,826 posts in 49,816 topics over 154 months by 21,804 of 22,271 members. Latest: wish2bbbfree, pedwards, Mawa316