Question regrading moniters...

(6 posts)
  1. ScaredinCincinnati

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 30 2010 14:54:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Good news! The bites are slowly but surely becoming less frequent. They have won many battles, but I am winning the war.

To make sure, I am ordering a few moniters today. I am getting a passive one for the bed, and an active one for the car, which I plan on letting sit for about a week.

My question is - should I get an active or a passive for the couch? There have been no signs of trouble on the couch, but I just want to make sure. I don't sit on it for extended periods of time every day, so maybe active would be better? Thanks

2. ScaredinCincinnati

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 30 2010 15:02:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Or maybe I should get a passive one for the car as well, and continue using it? Any thoughts? I'm a bit confused.

3. toledo

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 30 2010 15:06:59
    #

Login to Send PM

It's my understanding that the active monitors attract the bed bugs, but because they give off carbon dioxide, it's best to use them when you're gone (i.e. vacation). If you use your couch a lot, passive monitors would work, as you're the one giving off the CO2.

4. BBcoukHome

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 30 2010 15:59:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I have been giving the subject of cars a lot of thought recently (and not in the Ferrari versus hummer kind of way).

The best conclusion my logic comes to at present is beacon for cars till you know they are clear and then passive going forward.

Unfortunately I don't have the share money to buy a junker and test it until the spring when the weather gets better. I think its even too cold in London to run a beacon outside, we have snow and lots of it.

David

5. soooconfused

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 30 2010 16:08:57
    #

Login to Send PM

David - would the BB Alert Active work in a car? Also, if I were to try the Active and Passive for my couch, where would you recommend placement? Any advice would be appreciated.

6. soooconfused

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Dec 1 2010 9:11:12
    #

Login to Send PM

bump

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,788 posts in 49,802 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991