Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Question for the Experts - Ekbom syndromes, or DP?

(2 posts)
  1. Helppleasee

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Jul 21 2019 21:26:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone,
    Quick question I have, let me start out by in no means am I an psychologist nor am I diagnosing myself. Is ekbom syndrome/DP strictly classified as bugs under the skin or just paranoia about bugs on the skin/harboring in your home?

A little background
    - I’ve convinced myself I’ve had lice before, felt the crawling sensations, had my head checked weekly, for months. And I didn’t have them. Of course right?
    -bed bug scare number 1 : last July my son kept waking up itching, everything looked like a bite to me, convinced I had them. Didn’t stop freaking out until PCO came and said he was positive we didn’t have them
    - I am currently going through a bb scare/unconfirmed infestation and am unsure if it’s my head again for just true bb’s because now everyone’s got “bites” coincidentally the same time frame we had the scare last year.

Curious if any of you have encountered this and what your thoughts are, and no I understand no one can give medical advice nor is that what I’m looking for, just experiences on your part.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Jul 22 2019 1:35:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Not a huge fan of the DP concept, it’s a convenient catch all for lazy clinicians and PCO’s who can’t think outside of the box. Technically it’s the sensation of crawling skin and not an actually organism but because of the “D” most people hear “you are mad and it’s all in your head”.

I have written a summary of the issue here:

https://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/head-bugs/

To date I have had many cases I was told were DP that turned out to be other issues and sometimes multiple issues.

I hope that helps keep some perspective to things.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,846 posts in 49,561 topics over 153 months by 21,714 of 22,159 members. Latest: Guardian4, bughelpplz, defeatthem45