Question about professional treatment.

(4 posts)
  1. frackingbugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jul 6 2017 4:36:40
    #

Login to Send PM

We found a small nest of bed bugs under a pillow in one room. My wife freaked out and threw the bedding away, then the bed. vacuumed the whole room and sprayed everything. About a week later we found them in another room. My sister went crazy and threw her headboard and box spring away, washed all her clothes and sprayed everything. Since then I've found a single bug on the shower curtain, and then a single bug in the last remaining room on the opposite side of the room from the bed.

We've spoken with a local pest control company who handle all section 8 housing in a pretty large city.

Now, from what I've read, foggers do nothing but make matters worse, yet according to these guys they're going to spray baseboards and then fog each room individually.

Should I cancel the service and go with someone else? Is this a red flag? Or are the foggers the professionals use different or better in some way than those found at the store?

2. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jul 6 2017 15:42:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Professionals using foggers?.... yaaa... they are not professionals. Foggers don't work. My cousins had bed bugs in kentucky and used foggers 3 times to no effect. That was with extreme cleaning, a diy heat treatment, throwing out furniture and the use of other sprays. They eventually moved... The chemicals in them aren't strong enough and the whole concept of fogging doesn't make sense for bed bugs. The chemicals in foggers aren't made to get into cracks and crevices where bed bugs hide. They are for broad treatments of surfaces which is why they are so effective against fleas. I would look into a different pco for sure.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
  3. frackingbugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jul 7 2017 12:31:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the answers guys. I'm not sure what to do really at this point as I've already scheduled the guy to come out. I'll ask questions before letting him do anything in the house.

I do plan on following up the treatment /w heat treatment as well but it'll have to wait until I have the money to do so.

4. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jul 7 2017 15:34:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Ideally you'd do the heat treatment first and then treat with chemicals, not the other way around. Using foggers will literally make the situation worse. They cause the bugs to scatter and spread throughout the room/household which makes them wayyy harder to treat.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,318 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto