Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Question about plastic bags (need answer kinda fast)?

(4 posts)
  1. LBP

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jun 15 2011 20:12:34
    #

Login to Send PM

So, on recommendation in another thread, I went shopping for 2 gallon Ziploc type bags for my upcoming Trip of Doom <tm>.

Unfortunately, literally the only type I could find at the local Wal Mart and Target had those zipper slider closers instead of the "regular" snap-together kind.

Given what zippers on clothes and regular bags are like, are they totally useless for bedbug purposes? I still have the receipt, but I'd be annoyed if it turns out I had to buy them from a website or something.

2. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jun 15 2011 20:45:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not an expert, but believe that if you can keep them closed airtight (which I believe you can) and you can keep the "slider" from shifting (say, a strip of tape) you should be fine. With any bag, be sure to pay attention to the bag's exterior, too, ie, pleats, the opening, sliders, etc., to be sure nothing is on it.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  3. healthimpacted

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jun 15 2011 20:53:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I use both types, primarily sliders. I check to make sure each bags is secure and airtight (both types). The sliders can come off the track, but I typically find that when first putting something into it, and I can fix it.

4. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jun 15 2011 21:01:26
    #

Login to Send PM

healthimpacted - 7 minutes ago  » 
    I use both types, primarily sliders. I check to make sure each bags is secure and airtight (both types). The sliders can come off the track, but I typically find that when first putting something into it, and I can fix it.

I find that if the slider comes off when the bag is closed, the bag remains shut. You can open the bag by pulling apart, then reinstall the slider before closing the bag.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,730 posts in 50,024 topics over 155 months by 21,873 of 22,356 members. Latest: citycpap, AnxiousAngela1989, weluckyfew201