Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Question about PCO, Prep and Cy-kick, Gentrol

(3 posts)
  1. Omega

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jul 1 2008 9:49:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I have written my dilemma on another post called Found a bedbug & nymph, dilemma. I have a low infestation.

All I had to do was show the PCO a dead bug I found and he will treat the entire apartment co=op. My dilemma, Im out of town for 9 days starting next week and only have 1 available day to prep. I cannot move my dresser, armoire, and a couple of other pieces on my own. Impossible, they weight a ton. I live alone with my son who is weaker than me. I have no other family. The PCO said he wont move the furniture, I have to do it. He wants to come Thursday. What do I do? I cant move it, he wont move it. I cant find anyone to help. He did not give me any list on how to prep..He just said remove everything, wash it, put it in plastic bags. He is abrupt. I guess he is having problems with the bldg mgmnt.

I asked what he would use he said Cy-kick & Gentrol. I heard mixed reviews on Gentrol.I have a cat and asked. He said put the cat in the bathroom til it dries. Any info on these chemicals? I looked them up on the net and they said approved by NYC for bedbugs.

If I cant prep properly, then what is the point here? Right? What do I do? Im so mentally & physically exhausted. I have alot of clutter. I threw out my living room couch and chair. I have hundreds of books on a shelf.

How in the world can I prep with only one day available before going away and with no help? To do a good prep, Im looking at a week and spraying steri-fab in the interim before the PCO comes to spray everything.

What advice can I get. Should I let him come in and spray, even though Im not prepped properly. OR, go away and come back, prep better. In that time the beasts could be multiplying.

Im beside myslef. Help

2. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jul 1 2008 13:44:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you postpone the trip or prep when you get back and wait to treat?

3. Omega

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jul 1 2008 21:03:29
    #

Login to Send PM

I cannot postpone the trip..I booked it a year ago and its non refundable unless you die or hospitlization..Its a cruise. All my clothes are washed and bagged and I plan on bring steri fab on the cruise to spray my luggage. Im bringing large industrial garbage bags to put my luggage in while cruising.

I cannot get the prep done in one day. I called so many ppl today and no one can help. So I will have the PCO come in when I return and can prep properly. EVery day, I am spraying with Steri-Fab and slowly getting more things bagged. So far the steri fab is working..Lets hope for another biteless night. No bites since June 19.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,734 posts in 50,026 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,358 members. Latest: weluckyfew201, questioning_bugger, Mikayah