Question about moving ...

(3 posts)
  1. gypsybelle

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jul 22 2012 10:15:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone so I have a bed bug issue. My husband and daughter were getting this bites all over them. At first I thought an allergic reaction or mosquito since we live in the deep south. However I than found a bedbug !! Ive only seen 3 in the past 4 months and my daughter does not have any more bites and my husband gets them off and on. We are moving in a few days but only taking our clothes and my daughters toys. Also the bugs I had seen ONLY in the living room not in any of the bedrooms. What would you suggest for me to do so I do not spread them ?

2. Koebner

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jul 22 2012 10:37:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Read this site's FAQs. The "Bed bugs 101" section should be read by everyone, whether they've already encountered bed bugs or not. The section on treating your stuff may be useful to help you plan your move with minimal risk of moving BBs.

It's too late for you, I appreciate, but you really should get an expert ID as soon as you find a bug & you should act immediately if a sample is confirmed as a BB.

Bite reactions are highly variable from one person to another & may vary for an individual according to different factors like the presence of other allergens, stress, etc. Some people never seem to react to bites. You can't use people as reliable bed bug monitors.

3. debodeb

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jul 22 2012 17:18:24
    #

Login to Send PM

We moved and kept nearly all our furniture, the only thing we did not take was our beds and vaccum. we have been bed bug free in our new home for 23 months now so it can be done. we sprayed our new home before we moved in with alcohol. we bought diatomaceous earth a powder and put it all over the new house plug sockets, baseboards, you name it we put it there. We sprayed all our furniture, we left it in the truck bed in the heat. everything has to be cleaned or you will end up with bed bugs again. Our duplex was infested there was bed bugs behind the baseboards. So glad to have left them behind.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,862 posts in 45,896 topics over 139 months by 20,212 of 21,019 members. Latest: havekidswilltravel39, Lima Rosa, afraidofbugs18