Question about Monitoring- Passive and Active

(3 posts)
  1. Miseryck26

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Mar 6 2019 19:53:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a hopefully quick question about monitoring - I was exposed to bed bugs in a place I go often about 3 weeks ago. I took precautions that I believe worked, but I also had a PCO inspect my place (no signs) and installed a bb alert passive monitor on my bed (no signs so far, it's been there about 2 weeks). It occurred to me today that I spent some time sleeping in a now unoccupied room in my place about 3 months ago, and I don't know if/when I was exposed before 3 weeks ago.

Here is my question- would it be worthwhile at this point to put an active monitor (I'm thinking more along the lines of the Beacon than Nightwatch) in the unoccupied room just to see if anything is there? Alternatively, since it's next to my room would any bugs have already abandoned it in search of sleeping humans and gotten caught on the passive? Just trying to cover all my bases as I deal with this paranoia.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Mar 6 2019 20:17:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

After 3 months any bedbugs in the unoccupied room would have sought food elsewhere.

I don’t think active monitoring is essential in this situation although the Bed Bug Becacon is not that expensive for peace of mind. If you feel you will still be anxious about it and can afford the cost it may be worthile to ensure lower anxiety.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. Miseryck26

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Mar 6 2019 20:23:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks! That does help.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

286,532 posts in 47,701 topics over 147 months by 21,020 of 21,346 members. Latest: pray4mojo, yassine, tsm