Question about interceptors

(4 posts)
  1. ljlo2011

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jul 20 2017 7:39:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi- I've had interceptors on all bed and couches since March when I first discovered the problem. The bed posts at the head of my bed are too large to fit inside though- so I just have them sitting right up next to the post. One of these is actually the only interceptor I've ever even found a bed bug in. However- they could still easily get into my bed from the other side. Is there a way to create my own or something? My PCO suggested using a plate or box of some sort and slathering in in Vaseline but I'm not sure if that's something that would actually work. I would think they could just harbor in a box.

2. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jul 20 2017 9:22:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Did you search this site for home made interceptor ideas? I think it has been discussed before.

3. BattleoftheBug

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jul 20 2017 13:45:28
    #

Login to Send PM

The interceptors are not only for finding bugs for confirmation but for preventing them from getting at you so they can feed and reproduce. So an interceptor that fails to do the latter is all but useless, really. I use ClimbUp brand interceptors, buy them from Amazon.com, and the Extra Large size is really big. The feet of my futon are about four inches square and they fit into that with plenty of room to spare. What the PCO suggested would work, too. The bugs would get stuck in the Vaseline and soon die. The interceptors are very smooth on the interiors so that the bugs can't get their footing and die in them, as well.

4. ljlo2011

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jul 20 2017 16:08:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I'll try them. I have the Lights Out brand right now. The feet at the head of my bed are very large and awkward shaped...almost half moon shaped. Plus on my son's crib the front is just one large flat slat that sits directly on the rug-and same with my 3 year old's headboard. There's no way to put anything under them at all.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,668 posts in 49,313 topics over 152 months by 21,611 of 22,037 members. Latest: Jaded48, ctd2289, N52B30AE