Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Question about getting rid of a bed. Thanks!

(6 posts)
  1. Thissucksformyson

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 31 2019 12:51:51
    #

Login to Send PM

We are currently treating for bed bugs. Last week Tuesday and this past Sunday we treated really well, and this coming Wednesday we will do it all again.

My question is at what point should we be okay to get rid of the bed that was infested? I don't even want to look at it because I'm so mad and I also think a metal frame that we can use climb ups on will help us monitor for activity. I obviously don't want to bring this massive bed through my house until it's reasonable to think we are safe to do so. The last day I for sure noticed new bites was last Tuesday morning. Probably the first possible day we can get rid of it wouldn't be until the 10th or 11th of September. If we get up a new bed right away and place climb ups is that a reasonable amount of time? Of course I want to make sure I won't make the situation worse.

I know we could still have issues as bug eggs we may have missed might hatch, but since doing that bed and the area around it the second time we aren't currently seeing anything (not that a lot of days have passed since Sunday).

Thanks so much for your thoughts on the matter! I really appreciate it!

2. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Sep 5 2019 9:48:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Maybe you should install a passive monitor on the bed and look if there is still any activity.

3. Thissucksformyson

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Sep 5 2019 12:57:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Mawiwala - 3 hours ago  » 
    Maybe you should install a passive monitor on the bed and look if there is still any activity.

On the old bed? Or on a new bed? Thanks!

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Sep 5 2019 13:50:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I agree, monitor the bed for any new activity before bringing in any new furniture. Mattresses are fairly easy to inspect, and I hate the idea of bringing in anything new before the bed bugs are eradicated, it just complicates things.

5. Thissucksformyson

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Sep 5 2019 18:11:38
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 4 hours ago  » 
    I agree, monitor the bed for any new activity before bringing in any new furniture. Mattresses are fairly easy to inspect, and I hate the idea of bringing in anything new before the bed bugs are eradicated, it just complicates things.

Thank you. If I get monitors will they move into it even if the bed has a billion spots to hide in? I'll hold off on getting a new bed until we are sure this is dealt with. At this point (knock on wood) my son has only had one or two questionable spots 12 days and those were close two the first day or two. We re-treated with Crossfire and Cimexa yesterday after inspecting the bed finding nothing. I also took apart my own bed (in the same room) and didn't find anything either although I did have some bites pop up on my arm Saturday, so we sprayed everything again.

6. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Sep 6 2019 4:22:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Thissucksformyson - 15 hours ago  » 

Mawiwala - 3 hours ago  » 

On the old bed? Or on a new bed? Thanks!

Like BigDummy said on the old bed. You would just reinfest if there are more somewhere else. I don't know how many people throw out their furniture just to get the new furniture reinfested.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82