(7 posts)
  1. Ran524

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Aug 13 2013 9:32:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all!

So if you have read my past few posts I've noticed weird things going on in the past month or so, prompting me to worry I have been re-infested: mysterious stains/marks on pillowcase/sheet. I posted them on here and David kindly said he did not think they were bed bug related. Now, Im starting to really suspect/feel confident my cat has fleas and that is actually the cause (been finding similiar marks/spots in the bathroom sink after he lays in it..apparently a sign of flea dirt) of all the mysterious spots (and my insanity ) .

My question is, would using a flea bomber in my apt affect any of the sprays/residuals they used to treat my apt in Jan, and in April (one spray in April)? Is it okay to use? I want to get rid of the fleas obviously and know that is one of the big ways people get rid of them in the home, aside from bathing your pets, etc. Just wanted to make sure it wouldn't harm anything bed bug related before I go ahead an do so. Not sure if anyone else has to do deal with this.

I appreciate any help!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Aug 13 2013 9:58:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

A friend of mine recently had a flea alert and also immediately thought the solution would be chemical based. I asked her to follow the advice that is in the flea FAQ here and repeated in the advanced educational section of my site and she no longer has an issue.

The reality is that this physical method of eradicating fleas is often faster that waiting for them to succumb to insecticides and as a bonus you get lovely clean fresh carpets and floors.

Its well worth a go as your first line of defense.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. Ran524

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Aug 14 2013 13:54:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks so much! I'll definitely give this a try.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Aug 14 2013 21:13:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Flea FAQ.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Aug 14 2013 21:30:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hmmm . . .

Flea control:

> Confirm it's fleas. You can build a self fashioned flea trap with stuff you already have in the house.

> Thorough vacuuming can significantly reduce the numbers of fleas present but I would not expect total elimination without multiple efforts.

> Certain insecticide applications are very effective however, you will also need to treat the pet (cat in your case) to attain long term control.

> IGRs (insect growth regulators) disrupt the flea development process and help to break the life cycle. These are not nearly as toxic as certain other insecticide products.

> Foggers can be useful tools for fleas however, there is always the issue of indiscriminant dispersal of insecticide within the treated area vs. targeted application to the areas where needed.

Hope this helps ! paul b.

Hope this helps ! paul b.

6. Ran524

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Aug 15 2013 9:05:06
    #

Login to Send PM

P Bello:

Thanks for the response as well!

I'm pretty sure I found one today and that I have them, but am going to set up a home made trap using the dish/soap and water this evening just to make sure. The timing seems right as my parents cat has fleas (which they didn't know of) and I started seeing the mysterious stains/marks a few days/week after I came back from a visit with them (in which I brought my cat).

As a precaution, I also just ordered climb ups. Before this my mattress was in an encasement on the floor since I had to throw away my old bed frame due to my previous infestation and was reluctant to buy a new one for a few months. I'll be installing them and the frame this weekend.

Thanks for your suggestions/help!! Hopefully the fleas is the only thing I'm dealing with.

7. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Aug 15 2013 9:07:43
    #

Login to Send PM

OK, good, keep us informed and good luck ! pjb

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82