Question about fecal

(6 posts)
  1. soooconfused

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Dec 4 2010 16:02:37
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm trying to figure out if a few small black dots I found on my sheet are fecal. Does anyone know how small the droplets would be? Would it bleed through the back of the sheet and onto the mattress cover? Any insight would be appreciated.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Dec 4 2010 16:25:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

With marks on sheets colour is actually your best guide instead of size or if it soaks in as these are all products of the material that faecal material falls on.

There are some reference shots here:

http://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/DB2/bloodspotsPP.pdf

Basically you should follow the guide below:

• Fresh red blood colour - non definitive sign there could be many different causes apart from bedbugs
    • Jet black colour - again non definitive and may appear soaked into the sheets, the more they get washed the more engrained they become and often spread in a cross shape
    • Black/very dark brown - I often call this brown made up of burnt ochra colours , this is the only type which is definitive of bedbugs

If you take a picture and post it we may be able to give you an opinion.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. soooconfused

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Dec 4 2010 16:29:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks David. They are definitely jet black, but so small I can't even see if they are cross-shaped, even with a magnifying glass. They look like a tiny sharpie marker dot. Hopefully it is paranoia getting the best of me. Also, they did not react to peroxide or bleed all the way through to the other side of the sheet. I already tried to take a picture, but don't have a decent camera and they just look blurry. I will see if I can borrow one and post a picture.

Would the fecal normally bleed through?

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Dec 4 2010 16:33:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Bleeding through depends on your sheets.

If they are small and jet black in the middle or top surface of the bed its less likely to be bedbug related from what I have observed. Certainly if it fails to react to peroxide its highly unlikley to be bedbug related.

David

5. soooconfused

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Dec 4 2010 16:37:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much David. I can enjoy my evening now.

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Dec 4 2010 16:44:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I may even get out of the office soon to enjoy whats left of mine.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,797 posts in 49,805 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991