Question about clothes treatment for bat bugs, forum seems divided

(3 posts)
  1. Bugsadness

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Aug 9 2018 1:41:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, my PCO identified bat bugs today and told me I could unpack, but I'm seeing some dissent in the forums here (specifically, here: https://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/bat-bugs-not-bed-bugs-now-what and in other places on the forum). In my mind, once we got the bat bug verdict, I switched from "crushing hopelessness" as my main emotion to a more manageable pest control emotion, something equivalent to "rats, cockroaches are annoying!" I know they don't reproduce on a diet of solely human blood, but I'm also not sure...how to feel about that.

I'm perfectly willing to keep living out of totes but am wondering if that's necessary, and am wondering a few more things about the ethics of life with bat bugs moving forward, as I look to getting the bat situation investigated:

1. Can I feel safe to do my laundry in a laundry basket rather than a contractor bag? (we go to a laundromat, no in-unit laundry)

2. Should I still change before leaving the house?

3. We desperately hate our apartment and our landlord and would like to move (to a house--this forum has put me off apartment-dwelling forever). All of a sudden, today, for the first time in a year, that seemed like a possibility. Am I wrong to think that? Does moving with bat bugs carry the same risk?

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Aug 9 2018 9:30:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Not unless the new place also has bats.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  3. mcsmcs

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Aug 9 2018 10:23:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks big dummy. I'm moving to my mother's house and I was worried about taking them with me became less worried about that bugs but now my therapist is telling me that I brought bugs to her house. I'm not sure that's true because I slept all over the place and didn't track them I think she's just super anxious about this sort of thing. It sounds like run through the dryer as a preventative but don't get as crazy as bed bugs because she doesn't have bats.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,416 posts in 46,573 topics over 141 months by 20,539 of 21,402 members. Latest: Crazyscared1978, rk990, Paranoid01270