Question about Cimexa

(2 posts)
  1. Huz647

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Thu Feb 7 2019 18:04:13
    #

Login to Send PM

So I have access to unlimited chemical treatments from a pest control company, is it worth it to purchase Cimexa? I'm not sure how thorough the pest control guy has been and I want to make sure I get every nook and cranny.

2. Anne

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Feb 26 2019 12:30:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Huz647 - 2 weeks ago  » 
    So I have access to unlimited chemical treatments from a pest control company, is it worth it to purchase Cimexa? I'm not sure how thorough the pest control guy has been and I want to make sure I get every nook and cranny.

Cimexa is cheap and effective, and easy to apply. My husband and I both work in a hotel and regularly exposed to bedbugs. He is the Maintenance supervisor so guess who gets to tear down an infested room for treatment!? Any way, because we are exposed so often, probably more than we know, I use Cimexa as a kind of preventative tool.

It is in my closet floor and baseboards, the cracks of my closet shelves, under my bed,in my bed frame, in my box springs, under and across the back of my headboard, under my dresser,in the rails of my dresser drawers, blown into all outlets & light switches, behind all baseboards, on the backs of anything on the wall AT ALL TIMES. Anything that I don't use daily is sealed inside plastic ziploc bags that have been lightly dusted with Cimexa. (EVERY closet in my house is this way AT ALL TIMES) To store heavy blankets, I put the clean item inside a heavy duty garbage bag, tie it off, then rebag inside a 2nd heavy duty that has been dusted with Cimexa and tape it off.

I have accepted that bedbugs are just part of society at this point. We are infested so often at the hotel I find it inevitable that one won't come home with us. But do we bring them home, No! My son did early part of January, so we are currently fighting them in our basement living spaces. My approach may seem like overkill, but at least I know where the bugs aren't.

Cimexa works. I tested it on live bedbugs at the hotel. I like it because it's cheap, effective, easy to apply, lasts a long time in undisturbed places, is not a poison, they can't become immune to it. Great to use where sprays can't be used. I like it better than DE because it doesn't become useless if it gets wet. It is effective once it dries out again.

If you decide to use it, PLEASE wear a face mask when applying it. You may not feel like you're inhaling it but you will. Cover exposed skin. Shower after application - it is EXTREMELY drying. Use in places that won't be disturbed. It should be applied as a very fine dust, not mounded up. If unsure there are plenty of videos out there that demonstrate correct application.It's a cheap and easy product and helps give me peace of mind. Good luck to you!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,300 posts in 49,235 topics over 152 months by 21,583 of 22,004 members. Latest: looking2identify, Robbysee, Elephant88