Question about bites

(2 posts)
  1. brooklynscott

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu May 31 2012 13:09:42
    #

Login to Send PM

So here's my situation::

My brother has recently moved to New York. Being a paranoid nut, I've given him quite a few anti-BB lectures. The other day we were all outside for a BBQ in a friend's backyard that is really, for whatever reason, swarming with mosquitos...

So last night I see my brother and notice that he has quite a few red, itchy bites on one of his elbows. More than one bite--maybe 5 or 6 in total--and all centered around that one area.

I'm betting they are mosquito bites, but my question is--do mosquitos bite like that, i.e. focusing in on one area of the body? Seems like it's feasible, especially if they've found a good/unprotected/undefended spot...

My bro (thanks to me) has a BB Alert Passive on his bed and it's all clear...

Anyone's 2 cents/experience would help in terms of whether or not mosquito bites ever present in this manner, or if I should be worried on my bro's behalf...

2. brooklyn_bites

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Jun 5 2012 23:28:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Mosquitoes do tend to bite repeatedly in exposed areas, but not necessarily in "clusters", per sé. It is too difficult to tell without more evidence or photos, but I'd try to relax and see if anything more presents itself.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,306 posts in 50,168 topics over 155 months by 21,929 of 22,426 members. Latest: MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo