Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Question?

(22 posts)
  1. freakingout123

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 13:39:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I've had sticky glue traps under each of my bed legs for over a month now. I change them every so often. My bed is pulled away from my wall and no blankets touching the floor. I've searched the mattress, box spring and metal frame extensively. A pco has also inspected the bed. I wake up with bites every morning for at least the last two months with absolutely no evidence. I should add my son gets random bites in his room as well. Now if it is bed bugs, does this mean that they are somehow in my bed or frame and just not leaving any evidence? Or are they crossing the traps?

2. nonono

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 14:48:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I’m dealing with same thing. House has been treated I’ve taken all the precautions they can’t get to my bed without crossing poison and still getting bites. Exterminator can’t find anything and has treated 4 times and can’t treat again without a live one. I made appt with dermatologist to confirm and for my own mental health.

3. freakingout123

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 14:58:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Have you seen any bugs or evidence?

4. Help please

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 15:13:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I’ve got exactly the same problem. It’s been going on for just over 5 months in my case. There’s no evidence of bed bugs but i keep getting bites at least once a week and my little boy gets them too and he’s in his own bedroom

5. nonono

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 15:15:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes the first of October I found one on my bed and called exterminator who confirmed. He said they were isolated to my bedroom only but whole house was treated 2x and he returned to treat my bed again because I was still getting bites. He was nice enough to come back a 4th time and said they have to be coming from somewhere else if I’m still getting bites. I thought the car, but he said no way it’s been to cold. I told my work and they had dogs in my office and nothing. But I still get bites about every 3-5 days.

6. Help please

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 15:20:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you know how long u’ve had them for until you found one? Did you see any other signs? Feel really sorry for you Did you see any more bed bugs or other evidence after your treatments?

7. nonono

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 15:22:02
    #

Login to Send PM

It’s so frustrating! I have a passive monitor and nothing. I have the dishes pitched online under the legs of my bed. My bed is an island, not agains any wall. I have no headboard. I have not one but 2 mattress protectors on the bed and pillows. I put sheets and pillows in dryer every night. Every Friday I take mattress off frame and inspect and nothing! I don’t have clothes in my drawers or closet everything is sealed in bags. Everything I wear comes from the dryer daily. There is nothing more i can do. But still have bites

8. nonono

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 15:25:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Before the treatment I had pin size blood stains on my sheets. Since treatment haven’t seen those marks again. I bought all new white bedding. I sleep fully clothed with rubber bands in my wrists and knee high socks over a pair of leggings. Thank God I’m single! After the second treatment I found dead ones on the track of my dresser drawer but nothing since.

9. nonono

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 15:28:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry for delayed response. Hard to read on my phone. Was told I probably had them for about 2 months. Sorry for your little boy. It’s enough to make you go mad. I have a teenage daughter and luckily her room has no sign.

10. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 15:47:19
    #

Login to Send PM

If it eats it poops. If there are bed bugs feeding on you there will be signs.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  11. freakingout123

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 16:07:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm at a loss. We haven't seen anything, not one sign. I have another pco coming tomorrow. I'm hoping he will do a more thorough inspection. There has to be something in my bed that I'm missing. My husband sleeps in his underwear and gets no reaction. I sleep completely clothed, pants tucked into socks, shirt tucked into pants and they bite my face and neck. The one night I slept in a t-shirt, I got bit on my arm. It's so frustrating not knowing. I need to find something so I can take care of what ever it is.

12. nonono

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 16:21:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I agree. Just wish I knew when I was getting bit and where they are pooping.

13. Help please

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 16:21:53
    #

Login to Send PM

nonono : i’ve been finding blood spots on our sheets and we’ve had pco round and he’s saying we havent got them. We also have a passive monitor and it’s clear and have been for about 4 months now. It’s driving me crazy. Because there’s obviously something biting me and my little boy. He only started getting them about a month ago and about once a week. We havent found anything else other than blood and it’s been 5 months now sicne we got back from our holiday. Everyone on here say that after that time there would be signs of bed bugs. I dont think about it until i notice a new bite on me or my little boy and then i cant get it out of my head.
    It sounds like you’re doing everything you can. There must be an explanation of what is biting you. I really hope you havent got them anymore and it’s just a late reaction.

14. loubugs

old timer

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 16:43:49
    #

Login to Send PM

You should leave out glue board monitors, too. It might capture something like mites or small insects.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  15. freakingout123

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 17:25:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I have glue boards everywhere. I've only caught a clover mite, springtail and ants. All of which you identified for me. Still trying to find something that could be causing these bites aside from bed bugs.

16. Help please

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 17:31:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Where do you need to place them?

17. Starry Eyes

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 17:42:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Im having the same issue. The last time I found a bug was 2 months ago. I have been self treating. Im using temprid and cimexa dust. I started feeling like they are gone and the minute I felt free i started getting bites again. I dont have any signs of them. I first found out I had them in August. Almost 6 months ago so ive had them for more than 6 months. Maybe 8 or 9 months. Im assuming that Im keeping the numbers down because I dont see them but Im very frustrated. A few times i saw a little tiny blood spot on my sheets but I dont even see that anymore. Just have bites..no feces..no blood..no bugs. How can a little tiny bug be this smart? Im getting really frustrated.

18. Help please

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 17:46:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Starry Eyes : what signs of bed bugs did you see first? Before finding an actual bug. And did you find a lot of bugs? And where did you find those signs? Sorry for so many questions

19. Starry Eyes

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 18:16:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I found a bug on my bed. The signs were very obvious if I were paying attention. I saw black fecal on my box spring and bed. I made a lot of mistakes when I first found out if I only knew then what i was dealing with. And there werent too many bugs but enough of them to cause a big problem.

20. Help please

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 18:20:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for your answers. Hope you dont have them anymore and that you won’t have to deal with them anymore

21. Starry Eyes

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 18:25:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you. Sometimes I get optimistic and then I read stories of people saying you cant rid them by yourself and they are resistant to chemicals and people saying they were gone and come back in which they were probably never gone to begin with if they can go over a year without a meal. And I get discouraged again. Thank you.

22. thirdusername

Posted 9 months ago
    Thu Jan 25 2018 1:41:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Starry Eyes - 1 day ago  » 
    Thank you. Sometimes I get optimistic and then I read stories of people saying you cant rid them by yourself and they are resistant to chemicals and people saying they were gone and come back in which they were probably never gone to begin with if they can go over a year without a meal. And I get discouraged again. Thank you.

They will feed if they can.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,523 posts in 46,598 topics over 142 months by 20,553 of 21,419 members. Latest: pestbreaker, TRAY, tjg