PTSD or possibly back for real..

(4 posts)
  1. SleeplessJuneBug

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Sat Jun 9 2018 13:13:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Last year about this time is when I first saw a bedbug in my own home. We went through the treatment for July and August. Didnt have any bites or see any bugs for months. Moved apartments in March. Went on a trip last week and stayed in a hotel. I checked the room religiously, we kept bags off the floor on the kitchenette counter, I didnt see any evidence there, but who knows.

Yesterday while at work I started itching. I have two bites on my right ankle and a series of bites on my left ankle. "Ugh, a mosquito must have gotten in the car with me and had a feast" I think.

But then, I remember. That's what I thought last time. All day I try not to obsess over my bites. Unsuccessful. Got home but the SO was already asleep... get a shitty nights rest. Wake up- is that red spot a new reaction or is it because I was furiously scratching in the night? Start doing a quick search, SO tells me I'm obsessing again (we fought a lot about me obsessing while we were actively fighting them). Didnt see anything, but also want very thorough because I had to go to work this morning.

When I get home I'm going to strip the bed, inspect, vacuum, and do ALL the laundry that has accumulated this week.

Fingers crossed.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Sat Jun 9 2018 15:09:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, you're obsessing again. It happens from time to time, don't beat yourself up over it, it's quite normal.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  3. MuddaFrigginBedBugs

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Sat Jun 9 2018 19:04:52
    #

Login to Send PM

SleeplessJuneBug - 5 hours ago  » 
    Last year about this time is when I first saw a bedbug in my own home. We went through the treatment for July and August. Didnt have any bites or see any bugs for months. Moved apartments in March. Went on a trip last week and stayed in a hotel. I checked the room religiously, we kept bags off the floor on the kitchenette counter, I didnt see any evidence there, but who knows.
    Yesterday while at work I started itching. I have two bites on my right ankle and a series of bites on my left ankle. "Ugh, a mosquito must have gotten in the car with me and had a feast" I think.
    But then, I remember. That's what I thought last time. All day I try not to obsess over my bites. Unsuccessful. Got home but the SO was already asleep... get a shitty nights rest. Wake up- is that red spot a new reaction or is it because I was furiously scratching in the night? Start doing a quick search, SO tells me I'm obsessing again (we fought a lot about me obsessing while we were actively fighting them). Didnt see anything, but also want very thorough because I had to go to work this morning.
    When I get home I'm going to strip the bed, inspect, vacuum, and do ALL the laundry that has accumulated this week.
    Fingers crossed.

I have been feeling the same way. I have been non stop obsessing over my issue. We had a small infestation and opted to just move entirely. We threw away all our furniture despite most of it being completely fine and moved with nothing but our clothes and stuffed animals which we dried on high heat and put in thick construction trash bags, and only took our electronics and the kids toys which we also either sprayed, used DE on or both, as well as started washing the toys in super hot water. We’ve basically done just about everything we can. We have been sleeping on couches at our new place which I have also treated with DE and sprayed. Yesterday my daughter woke up with about 3 or 4 bites that were sporadic. We had been outside the night before and mosquitos were out but I had not noticed her bites until the next day. Now I am convinced we somehow brought them with us and I cannot stop obsessing about it. We lost so much and I cannot bear to see another bed bug for the rest of my life. I am legitimately scarred for life from this ordeal.

4. SleeplessJuneBug

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Jun 25 2018 22:19:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Well... after laying a bunch of cimexa down, I was just starting to convince myself to relax when last night my SO pointed out he had 2 bites on the upper part of his leg that I couldnt help but think were bedbug bites... the placing was such that it would have only happened when he was sleeping in his underwear. Tried convincing myself it must have been a mosquito that got in the house.

Kept hearing the dog scratching all night, which only made the anxiety worse. Then I felt something crawling. Grabbed it and rushed to the bathroom to turn on the light... it was a black beetle! I almost cried tears of relief.

Today in a rush before work, I did a quick inspection. Found what looks just like the nymph I had previously had ID'd on here (complete with remnants of a blood meal) but I so swiftly dunked it in the alcohol jar I didn't even notice if it was alive or not. Now that I have had a visual I am trying to plan out my next steps. After seeing how careless the PCOs were, I was thinking I might actually be able to pull it off myself. They used phantom and an IGR. and I think in my state I can order these online. After a thorough cleaning, I'm going to monitor for one more week and if I find any new evidence. If so, I'm going in... unless I find a massive hoard or something.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,537 posts in 46,600 topics over 142 months by 20,554 of 21,420 members. Latest: TRAY, tjg, jm1985