(7 posts)
  1. lg216

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 25 2017 15:56:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

I found three of these on/near my bed. This one was crawling on bed the other two were under the mattress seam on the sides. I killed this one but the other two seemed to be dead... I can't tell if it's a book louse or a Bed Bug. Please advise asap because I need to know if I can stay at this hotel or not!

https://imgur.com/a/QENfY

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 25 2017 16:36:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It's neither.

The outline and antennae would suggest a beetle.

Hope that helps,

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 26 2017 5:13:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes. Beetle. Looks like one of the latridiid plaster beetle, so moisture-related, fungus related.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. lg216

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 26 2017 14:24:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you all so much! I have taken a better picture of the bugs and you can find it here. https://imgur.com/a/VoJFs
    I just caught two in the afternoon crawling on my hotel sheets.

Can you confirm that they are plaster beetles? Also, I've read that they don't bite. Is this true and are they active at night?

Thank you again.

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 26 2017 15:17:42
    #

Login to Send PM

lg216 - 51 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you all so much! I have taken a better picture of the bugs and you can find it here. https://imgur.com/a/VoJFs
    I just caught two in the afternoon crawling on my hotel sheets.
    Can you confirm that they are plaster beetles? Also, I've read that they don't bite. Is this true and are they active at night?
    Thank you again.

Still look like plaster beetles. Can be active anytime. Correct, don't bite.

6. lg216

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 26 2017 16:50:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so so much! I truly appreciate your help. You are a blessing!

7. lg216

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 26 2017 16:51:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Both of you!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,797 posts in 49,805 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991