(6 posts)
  1. Frederick

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Aug 26 2008 17:28:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm so confused...

Online you clearly order either 9, 11 or 13 inch depth of the protect-a-bed encasements.

On the packaging it says "fits 8 - 13 inch beds" or something to that effect, yet towards the bottom it also says (on the one I saw yesterday) "Full - 9".

I was told by a local mattress place AND over the phone with Protect-a-bed that any one that you get will fit those parameters (8-13 inches). But if that's the case, then why can you order either one size off their website? (something I forgot to ask...)

I hope I'm making sense.... I guess I'm just wondering if I should trust this local place that sells them that "one size fits all" (within the 8-13 range) although it says "full - 9" at the bottom.... I need a variety of depths (two Full 9", two Full 11", and two Queen 13"), and they are basically saying that although it says 9" towards the bottom it will fit a 13" deep bed. (I don't know about their return policy yet...but I assume they would accept it back if they gave me hte wrong size...still, I'm just trying to understand before I buy).

TIA!

2. Livingagain

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Aug 26 2008 23:20:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know for sure if it will fit all it says. But my input is that I bought a one-size- fits all encasement for our thin boxsprings and I really wish I had bought the thinner one on line because the one I got is so big that it hangs down to the ground and we've had to tape it up all around and it will be really hard to check to see if eggs are on it.

If it fit better checking would be much easier.

It might be worth getting the online ones if they will fit better.

3. Frederick

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Aug 27 2008 5:53:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm going to call Protect-a-bed again today and re-ask. What they are selling in the stores should be the exact same thing, but the sizing still confuses me A LOT.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Aug 27 2008 13:14:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Frederick, I have gotten some information for you. I will PM it to you, while I wait for the permission to post the full quotation online for others.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. Frederick

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Aug 27 2008 13:57:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Great, thanks! It appears that hte queen come larger anyway (depth) so what I have thru my local retailer will work just fine!

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Aug 27 2008 14:21:01
    #

Login to Send PM

This information applies to the encasements sold by our links to Protect-a-bed,

Protect-a-Bed's Petra Minoff says,

Here is the scoop. The fabric we are using for the side and the bottom of the encasement is like the fabric used for leotards (work out clothing), thus it has a lot of stretch to it.

The 9” encasement can be used will fit a bit loose on the 8” mattress, will fit a little less loose on the 9” mattress, will fit 10 & 11” mattresses and will fit snug on 12 and 13” mattresses.

I would recommend to [Frederick] to purchase the 9” encasements for [his] 9 and 11” mattress and the 11” encasement for [his] 13” mattress.

We can not take encasements back after they have been opened due to potential bed bug cross contamination.

Hope this helps.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,748 posts in 49,541 topics over 153 months by 21,704 of 22,148 members. Latest: germanhippie, Sportbb42, Katieaus