Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Proper Tempo (pyrethroid) treatment questions + itch!

(3 posts)
  1. ThereAreGoats

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Sep 11 2011 17:20:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello fellow afflicted.

I live in Brooklyn, NY and recently had a PCO treat my studio apartment for BBs. When I came back to my place after the allotted time, I found that he'd used Tempo dust all around the perimeter (along with some sort of liquid treatment; there were still wet pools of the stuff on some of my furniture). I've long known about Tempo and related products, but I guess I didn't expect to come back to an apartment with unsightly white powder dried onto the floorboards. My question is: what am I supposed to do with it? I have no problem leaving it there behind my piano for example, but it extends out away from the wall 6-8 inches in some places that are very high-trafficked (if only by my cat.) I figured it would be smart to leave it down for the first 48 hours after treatment in case lingering BBs came wondering out over it. But is it ok to mop it up now?

On a possibly related note, my chest and arms are itching like hell ever since coming back to my apartment. I attributed it to sunburn at first, but I'm wondering if it could be related to the chemicals.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

2. BugsMustDie

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Sep 11 2011 17:31:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I wouldn't mop...

48 hours may not be enough to kill the bugs. Some may hang out a week or so to digest their last meal before coming out to feed again. So if you mop it up now, it will do nothing to kill them.

From what I've read and been told, as long as it's dry, it won't hurt your pets. As far as your itching, if you think you're having a reaction, have your doctor check it out.

3. blargg

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Sep 11 2011 17:56:19
    #

Login to Send PM

ThereAreGoats - 30 minutes ago  » 
    Hello fellow afflicted.
    I live in Brooklyn, NY and recently had a PCO treat my studio apartment for BBs. When I came back to my place after the allotted time, I found that he'd used Tempo dust all around the perimeter (along with some sort of liquid treatment; there were still wet pools of the stuff on some of my furniture). I've long known about Tempo and related products, but I guess I didn't expect to come back to an apartment with unsightly white powder dried onto the floorboards. My question is: what am I supposed to do with it? I have no problem leaving it there behind my piano for example, but it extends out away from the wall 6-8 inches in some places that are very high-trafficked (if only by my cat.) I figured it would be smart to leave it down for the first 48 hours after treatment in case lingering BBs came wondering out over it. But is it ok to mop it up now?
    On a possibly related note, my chest and arms are itching like hell ever since coming back to my apartment. I attributed it to sunburn at first, but I'm wondering if it could be related to the chemicals.
    Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Greetings, Brooklyn-ite.

My best advice is to ask the pco what the liquid insecticide was. "Wet pools" sounds like an incorrect application, and I think the experts here can help you if you know the name. As for the tempo powder, I am not at liberty to advise you. I have used wettable powders before, but it sounds like your residue is much more prominent.
    Keep an eye on your cat until you can get further advised. Generally, correct sprayings don't hurt pets, but I think experts need to weigh in.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,975 posts in 49,594 topics over 153 months by 21,728 of 22,175 members. Latest: Scaredofbugzzzz, AVersicolor26626, nadialula