Progress, mattress sizing, Temprid, waiting for PCO

(5 posts)
  1. donehad

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jan 27 2019 19:48:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I posted earlier that I suspected I had an infestation. Most bites and blood spots. Cat was getting bites too and more blood spots near them than me. Just changed the sheets, overdue. Don't have home health aid this month. Did not find anything else.

I have a full-size bed with a motorized foundation. It's a haven if that's where they are. I ordered Temprid and sprayed all around the cloth rim of the foundation and seems like the bites stopped. I reported to the apartments, they sent their regular guy who looked at one edge of the bed quickly and left glue traps and said he was going to send a company that specialized in them.

Bought climb ups, white for visibility. Which I had bought black because they stand out but the good news is they are clean. Do I have to put dust in ones that have smooth say no dust needed? I have DE but I think it needs to finer.

I have not inspected, isolated, or anything with the couch. I don't nap or sleep on it. I had a homeless person living me for while and that must be how this came in.

I also wrestled, literally with the mattress encasement. I had bought it 4 years ago and it was a 15" when I need a 12. The foam mattress has no seams of hiding places and I think I created more by putting it one. People have stretched them 2 inches past their sizes, so buy small.

I thought about buying the right size and trying to sell it, but few people use full size. Also thought about buying the 12" and putting this in the bag and returning tbh. Queen size is standard, full uncommon. https://imgur.com/a/4NmGPi9 Lot's of regrets but it is what it is.

2. donehad

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jan 27 2019 20:34:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I was going to just post my questions about size and wait. I guess the deed is done. I'm need to massively declutter and doing some experiemntal just throw it out and not try to donate it exercises. I put things near the door for a while (clean things) and in a few days I'm ok with them there I take them to trash chute. I have way too many things, clothes. I've lived with minimal things just fine but my hoard follows me. There's a lot of hobbies I don't do or can't do. A profession I'll probably not do again. It's hard but I've read stories here how it has help ppl live simpler happier lives.

3. donehad

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jan 27 2019 23:06:45
    #

Login to Send PM

duplicate

4. SalsaVince

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Jan 28 2019 10:31:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Done,
    You said that a professional is going to be coming out to your apartment? Do you have a date scheduled yet? It's important to get a confirmation that you definitely have bed bugs and to locate where they are before you start treating for them. Like one of the experts on here illustrated recently, trying to treat without having confirmed what they are and where they are is like trying to take a picture without aiming the camera, just randomly pressing the button over and over. You might get lucky and actually catch an image of something but mostly a waste of time. The climb ups should help you monitor for it they are there so keep an eye on those. Most don't require any powder in them now since they are smooth enough to keep them from climbing out. You just have to wipe them clean every week or 2. The main purpose of a mattress encasement is to reduce hiding spots for the bugs and make inspecting easier. There are some mattresses that are so simply designed that they don't offer that much of an advantage. In my opinion, they are very useful for box springs since they have a hollow bottom that is difficult to inspect. It looks like you don't have that with your bed though. One thing to keep in mind with that pretty kitty posing on top of your mattress is that their claws or teeth could puncture it and once it's punctured, it actually creates more places for the bugs to hide than if you didn't have it on at all. I would at least keep the bed covered with sheets and a thick comforter blanket before letting the cat on the bed to help protect the case. Hopefully you can get that appointment soon so you can get help confirming your issue. Make sure they inspect the couch where you suspect the problem originated.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  5. donehad

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Feb 10 2019 12:22:30
    #

Login to Send PM

SalsaVince - 1 week ago  » 
    Hi Done,
    You said that a professional is going to be coming out to your apartment? Do you have a date scheduled yet?

Reported 3+ weeks ago. They had a PCO do quick check then say they will contact another company that deals with this more. Nothing has happened since. Need to complain more. I want to ask for a canine inspection. I know I read that the city code says no more than 10 days to do address.

I reported using their repair request software. I could ask the maintenance person. Send a certified letter, or try to get help from the city.

Also, the bites seem to have stopped until just now there's a constellation of marks on my shin that could also be a scrape. I haven't even been checking lately because it seemed to go 10+ days with no new bites.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

287,541 posts in 47,911 topics over 148 months by 21,107 of 21,446 members. Latest: nyc-bedbugs, needhelp1111, urka1234