Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Professional says not a BB but i'm not so sure. Help!

(5 posts)
  1. defythenegative

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun Mar 3 2019 3:18:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I found this guy on my bathroom tile and the exterminator says it's a roach. I've got doubts so can someone please help me. Something is biting me and causing red welts with a little pinhole right in the middle. Thanks!Picture of bug

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun Mar 3 2019 3:34:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The exterminator is incorrect, that is a bedbug. Bathrooms without previous treatment usually means an adjoining infestation or a close relative to bedbugs such as bat bugs.

I would advise you read the FAQ section prior to engaging with an exterminator.

There is very little excuse for an exterminator not recognising bedbugs considering they have been the fastest growing pest issue of the last decade.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun Mar 3 2019 6:50:40
    #

Login to Send PM

It certainly isn't a cockroach. The exterminator shouldn't make that mistake.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. defythenegative

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Mar 6 2019 21:51:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much for your responses. I really thought it was a bed bug but he insisted it wasn't. That picture was in October. Now it's March and I've had bites for months and today I found an adult bedbug on my shirt and my neck is a swollen mess!! I bagged him in a ziploc and sent the company I signed up with (not sure if I'm allowed to say the company name) a picture. Yep, it's a bedbug they said. You have all of those bites from bedbugs. Not mosquitoes (I live in Fla) like the original exterminator (same company) said they were. I am so pissed right now that I want to cry. I trusted these professionals and now I've had 4 months of them reproducing all over my house! They told me to basically bag up my whole house but I swear, I just don't trust that they'll do a good job. I don't know if I should have the treatment then cancel my service or stick it out and hold them accountable for follow up. BTW, I showed him the original picture when he came to "verify" the new one from my shirt and he actually said "oh yeah, that's a bed bug". I rudely said to him "that's the same picture I showed you in October!!!" He then back pedaled and said it wasn't. See why I don't trust them? Maybe it's just this one guy but he is the one they send when it's anything bedbug related. I need to calm down
    Thanks for listening,
    Dee

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Mar 6 2019 22:31:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It’s a tough call.

Personally I would suggest asking to speak to the business owner if it’s a small company or moving on if it’s a franchise chain. Once trust is eroded it’s hard to repair, however if a small company the boss should be mortified enough to go to great lengths to correct it.

If the don’t feel free to name and shame as it’s a mistake that means they can’t in clear conscious call themselves professional.

Sorry you have been let down like this, it annoys me when pest controllers can’t do their jobs properly even when it’s clearly beyond my control and not my fault.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,506 posts in 49,276 topics over 152 months by 21,596 of 22,019 members. Latest: tlc6225, Laurenke, elco1996