Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Problem with stuff touching Packtite walls?

(3 posts)
  1. Astra

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Oct 27 2014 23:49:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Someone in another thread said "I often have trouble keeping the clothing from touching the Packtite walls and I believe this can cause safe havens for buggy enemies." is this a thing? There was nothing in the manual about keeping out of wall contact, just leaving the ends and the top clear. I'm trying to bake some empty cardboard boxes, broken down and laid flat (for offsite storage of stuff after it comes out of the Packtite), and their flaps hang down the sides of the box below the rack. They don't block the actual airflow; is this something to worry about?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Oct 28 2014 0:59:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not aware of any issues with clothing touching the inside wall of the Packtite.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Oct 28 2014 5:05:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Clothing will / would not be an issue but you don't want to pack the unit so it bulges and things touch the walls. Its more of issue with items that could block or divert the air flow too much.

Its a very reliable system and a robust design. To that end I heard last night that one of the contained thermal companies is no longer trading. Not a huge shock to me as it was a solution that I never really liked the design and they were another company who said "we don't have any cool spots" when in fact the design meant they had more than most, they were just too blinkered to see / find them.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,817 posts in 49,813 topics over 154 months by 21,802 of 22,268 members. Latest: MrBedbug, Pioneer47, laurabedbugs