(3 posts)
  1. Harlemgal16

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Aug 8 2019 23:21:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,
    A few months ago I woke up in the middle of the night being bitten by a bedbug. It was a nymph, and lifecycle wise, it coincided roughly with a trip my husband took, so we hoped he picked up a stray nymph or egg. We never found anything else, despite completely locking everything down, getting a bedbug oven, and baking, drying, alcoholing, or bug bombing everything we owned. There’s still DE all around our bedroom floor. We’ve had our bed in the little risor traps for several months, and we haven’t caught any bedbugs that we know of. Tonight my husband was complaining of a cluster of bites (which look more like a rash to me, but I’m not a doctor), which prompted us to take a look in the traps. We found a few small bugs in one of the traps, still moving. I’m hoping someone can help us ID these based on shape. Unfortunately these pictures are the best I can do
    Gallery of shots

Please tell me they’re book lice?!?

2. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Aug 9 2019 0:09:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Book lice are tiny and yes it is one. Bites alone don‘t confirm bed bugs.

Never use a bug bomb again. They will make it worse in fact spread them.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Aug 9 2019 5:04:29
    #

Login to Send PM

If something is that small, it's not a bed bug. As mentioned already, it is a booklouse.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,649 posts in 49,518 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982