Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

Pro thermal sets house on fire.......

(6 posts)
  1. spideyjg

    oldtimer
    Joined: Jul '08
    Posts: 3,240

    offline

    Posted 8 years ago
    Tue May 17 2011 21:45:26
    #



    Login to Send PM

  2. cilecto

    oldtimer
    Joined: Aug '08
    Posts: 4,069

    offline

    Posted 8 years ago
    Tue May 17 2011 21:59:23
    #



    Login to Send PM

    > The exterminator, Richard Tyree, blames an equipment malfunction for the fire and tells The Cincinnati Enquirer he's never had a problem before. He says his company has insurance.

    Guess he has a problem, now (but frankly, accidents happen to the most careful people, too).

    There's an article in a local paper about RS Tyree's heat treatment services.
    http://www.citybeat.com/cincinnati/article-22489-getting-bed-bugs-to-.html

    RS Tyree's web site also mentions the service. There's no mention of affiliation with any of the big name thermal license/franchise outfits. Tyree is an Ohio licensed PCO.
    http://www.bedbugcincy.com/

    Ironically, none of the insects/arachnids illustrated on RS Tyree's site are bed bugs.

    I hope that the family affected can get their lives back in order, soon.

    Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

    (Not an pro)
  3. NoBB

    junior member
    Joined: Apr '11
    Posts: 113

    offline

    Posted 8 years ago
    Wed May 18 2011 0:55:30
    #



    Login to Send PM

    I hope insurance will pay for everything -- so that the two families will have a brand new home MINUS the bed bugs!

    My heart goes out to them though. It must be awful to have bed bugs and lose their house in a fire

  4. Nobugsonme

    your host
    Joined: Mar '07
    Posts: 22,264

    offline

    Posted 8 years ago
    Wed May 18 2011 1:33:49
    #



    Login to Send PM

    I posted on the blog about this story a few minutes ago, with some additional links and videos.

    You can read it here.

    I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. djames1921

    senior member
    Joined: Sep '08
    Posts: 691

    offline

    Posted 8 years ago
    Wed May 18 2011 8:21:46
    #



    Login to Send PM

    Accidents happen and they are unfortunate. It looks like the company was doing things right they just had a malfunction. Overall an example as to why do it yourself thermal house treatments are a bad idea, things can go wrong even for people with proper equipment and experience.

  6. cilecto

    oldtimer
    Joined: Aug '08
    Posts: 4,069

    offline

    Posted 8 years ago
    Wed May 18 2011 21:34:59
    #



    Login to Send PM

    I'd think that there should be special precautions when placing a naked flame heater on or near a "soft" surface, like carpet or upholstery. Plus temperature monitors. And to not leave the site unattended. All actions that this operator, hopefully, did. Right?


RSS feed for this topic


Reply

You must log in to post.

296,690 posts in 50,016 topics over 155 months by 21,870 of 22,352 members. Latest: paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me, mrdinosaur