Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Prevention in nursery? Isolation? Stigma.

(4 posts)
  1. BBwTWINSx2

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Feb 5 2019 12:42:38
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm still wondering if there's anything else I can do to prevent bb from invading the babies room? Also my landlord was supposed to call the exterminator last Thurs, then said he'd call yesterday but once again didn't. I talked with him this morning and am waiting to hear back. I found 3 in my bed last night when I got in at 4 am. But instead of the craziness of drying all the bedding, steaming and vacuuming this morning, I spent some time playing and reading books with my babies.
    My boyfriend doesn't want me to tell ppl we have bb, but I feel like it's my responsibility to do so especially if they are coming over or we go there. He's afraid of the stigma that goes with it, whereas I could care less about the stigma and would want to be told if it were one of my friends. What do you think about making it public knowledge of only telling ppl you are planning to be around?
    And as for using trash bags for laundry and isolation, is there a certain kind I should be using? I worry about holes being poked in them from unfinished hardwood floors or cats or just being moved around. And I'm not sure what to do with the kids toys, food, or dishes. Any information will be greatly appreciated!

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Feb 5 2019 13:22:11
    #

Login to Send PM

BBwTWINSx2 - 37 minutes ago  » 
    My boyfriend doesn't want me to tell ppl we have bb, but I feel like it's my responsibility to do so especially if they are coming over or we go there. He's afraid of the stigma that goes with it, whereas I could care less about the stigma and would want to be told if it were one of my friends. What do you think about making it public knowledge of only telling ppl you are planning to be around?

It's pretty simple, you can tell them ahead of time or you can tell them afterward once they've potentially been exposed to bed bugs, whichever way is less complicated. It not much of a choice really.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Feb 5 2019 13:26:50
    #

Login to Send PM

BBwTWINSx2 - 40 minutes ago  » 
    And as for using trash bags for laundry and isolation, is there a certain kind I should be using? I worry about holes being poked in them from unfinished hardwood floors or cats or just being moved around. And I'm not sure what to do with the kids toys, food, or dishes. Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Some people like the clear bags so they can see what they're storing and don't have to open the bag to look for things. I prefer the heavier contractor bags, but I'm moving things off-site and that's just what I like to use.
    I wouldn't stress over a hole here or there, the texture of the plastic bags isn't a favorable one for bed bugs and it's not like they're scanning the bags visually with intent of penetrating.
    Food, no worries there, dishes as well. Toys can be inspected and stored away from the beds, stuffed animals can be run through the dryer.

4. BBwTWINSx2

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Feb 5 2019 14:24:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Ty BigDanny, very helpful. Knowing these things helps put my mind at ease!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

285,399 posts in 47,493 topics over 146 months by 20,948 of 21,258 members. Latest: Nwkent25@gmail.com, Camilleparker, lamachina