Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

preventing bedbugs with house guests

(9 posts)
  1. moenine9

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Aug 1 2019 9:02:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello All- So as many of you have read I had a bit of a bedbug panic attack. I thought for sure I had them but still haven't found any evidence and am at day 14 of the passive monitor (when I reach day 21 I will be golden). However, my sons father is coming to stay with us for three weeks and as you can imagine I am paranoid about him flying and the luggage coming with him. What can I do to ensure he doesn't bring any bedbugs with him from the flight process? I already plan to leave his suitcase outside and wash/dry everything in it when he gets here. Hes going to think I am a nut but oh well. Should I just visually inspect his suitcase? I dont know if it will be able to go in the laundry or not depending on what he uses.

2. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Aug 1 2019 9:20:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I think you should chill.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Aug 1 2019 9:47:37
    #

Login to Send PM

You need to take a break from this site. There's more to life than bed bugs.

4. lalmaroad

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Aug 1 2019 10:06:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I agree with Big Dummy. I have been fighting my paranoia something terrible lately. I was doing so well but am clawing to get out of the pit again. No visible signs for me in 11 weeks and passive monitors remain clean. There is more to life than bed bugs. If only my brain would believe it. Although this site is so beneficial in so many ways it can also "feed the angry dinosaur" . For me I tend to over think and obsess about thing's. This is nothing new but bed bugs have taken it to a much higher level. An unhealthy one at that. I have to remind myself to trust my monitors, do bi-weekly bed checks and live my life. Now if I can only get bed bugs off my mind 24/7. One way is to not constantly read all these posts for new info. As much as I like learning everything I can it does not help my head bugs.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
  5. Iwantmylifeback

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Aug 1 2019 10:21:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Same here ..I am obsessed with them. Checking constantly all the time (at least now I know how the carpet beetles looks like and I don’t panic when I see one )
    Examine my body and compare the bites(I have a pictures of my previous bites on my phone )
    Looking for them everywhere .I think they are just hiding ,waiting ,hibernating for awhile .
    I don’t blame you at all .My passives monitors are clear since I have installed them in May 3rd on my bed but on my couch there is none bc I am afraid to vacuum Cimexa up ((I dusted with Cimexa and I think the bites stopped )
    Moenine9 just check his stuff visually and if you have small hand held steamer ,use it .I steam all the time and doing it helped me mentally a lot .Just be careful not to burn yourself (I did back in November so now Iam very careful ).
    Good luck to you!!!!

6. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Aug 1 2019 11:45:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Clearly you've expressed your concern to your house guest, at this point there's nothing you should do other than trust that he is aware of your concerns.

Inspected someone else's belongings is not the act of a rational person, you will end up alienating yourself.

If you place your irrational fear of bed bugs higher in importance than a functional relationship with your child's father it might be time to speak to a professional.

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Aug 1 2019 12:50:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

There is a balance between education and spreading anxiety, as well as feeding your own.

I ask all my in bound guests to read http://www.BedBugBeware.com which is written as 3 - 5 minutes all you need to know about bedbugs. Do they read it? I am not sure but I hope they do.

However, as they are staying on a bed fitted fitted with a Passive Monitor in advance of their visit I know should they introduce anything its a simple TbyPMR to deal with it. I check the beds before arrival and when I take off the sheets at the end of the visit.

Outside of that unless its BD I try to assume they have come to chat with me rather than about bedbugs and to enjoy the city I live in.

Hope that makes sense and keeps it in perspective.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  8. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Aug 1 2019 14:03:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I came for both reasons. And why hasn't Caroline returned my calls?

9. moenine9

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Aug 1 2019 20:53:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I appreciate all your input. I’m apologize, I know I have been a bit much with my worry and paranoia. I’m trying to work on it. I feel a better sense of security with the passive monitors. Thankfully there is one installed in the bed where my son’s dad will sleep. I’m not worried about our relationship as we are very close. He knows my hang ups and how to handle them haha. Thanks.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,818 posts in 49,813 topics over 154 months by 21,802 of 22,268 members. Latest: MrBedbug, Pioneer47, laurabedbugs