Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Preventative Caulking--any recommendations in NYC?

(4 posts)
  1. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Sep 19 2011 21:05:39
    #

Login to Send PM

See subject.

2. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Sep 19 2011 21:31:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I remember asking one of the pro's here about preventative treatment, and the answer was don't treat if you don't have bed bugs. Perhaps the answer would be different if your neighbor or building had confirmed cases. Personally, I don't see any problems with what you suggest as long as the cure isn't worth than the potential disease. Something like DE in the walls for example, professionally done, if one doesn't mind spending a little money. Hopefully one of the pros will chime in.

That said, if you're concerned, another route to go would be proactive monitoring. Something like the BBAlert Passive etc. And to take it even further, you could organize your bedroom in such a way to simplify both detection and removal. Such as using a non-porous platform with an encased mattress and box spring, no headboard and no wooden end tables, etc. The intent would be to eliminate potential harbonages near were you sleep so that the bed bugs would be more likely to locate themselves in the BBAlert Passive, or perhaps other disposable like structures placed near the bed.

3. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Sep 19 2011 22:24:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I am hopin to get my new place sealed up before I move in.

Have an of you used any to do thus? Have a recommendation?

4. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Sep 19 2011 22:30:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I misread your first post. Thought you said, "preventative treatment", as opposed to "preventative caulking". Must be past my bed time. As far as preventative caulking goes, I see no harm in that. You can have it done by a pro, or many do-it-yourself products out there.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,330 posts in 50,174 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14