Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Prevent Scarring?

(5 posts)
  1. brooklyn_bites

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat May 26 2012 21:35:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Can anyone recommend a product that prevents scarring from bites? Thanks.

2. Canuck

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat May 26 2012 22:48:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Not scratching, as hard as it is,seems to be the best avenue. If the bites are bothersome, I use an anti-histamine pill; that gets me past the worst of the itch. Otherwise, I really on sudocreme, it really seems to accelerate the healing process for me. hope that helps.

Sheree Swindle / certified K9-assisted bed bug inspector
  3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun May 27 2012 13:00:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

In most cases the scaring is indeed caused by the scratching and secondary infections from under the nails.

As with all medical matters professional advice should be sought from a pharmacist or doctor but you should be looking for things that moisturise, wound heal and that may also have a secondary effect of being antihistamine and antibiotic.

To prevent scratching or bites on the hands while sleeping you can always use cotton glove liners.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun May 27 2012 13:52:27
    #

Login to Send PM

As hard as it can be not to scratch, once you do, the itching isn't as bad, which makes it easier.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. Nicole120

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Jul 17 2012 21:25:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Brooklyn_bites: I just recommended this to another forum member - try cocoa butter, shea butter, and/or bio oil. Hydrocortisone cream helps a lot with the itching also.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,336 posts in 50,175 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14