#

Login to Send PM

2. Momnextdoor

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Mar 29 2015 20:05:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Found these in my boxspring today. I have woken up twice with either bites or acne on my back & face. My daughter's dad has had bedbug problems, & she has visited him, & also I work with homeless people, & our area shelters have bed bugs.

I think the castings look like carpet beetle castings, but see those tiny bugs? I'm pretty sure I crushed one the other night when it bit my bottom in bed. I can't tell if this is a teeny tiny beetle or a bed bug nymph or what.

I have some staining on our mattresses, but it's been there for years, & I think it's mold from where I briefly stored them in my basement. I bleached them before I brought them up a few years ago.

3. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Mar 29 2015 21:13:57
    #

Login to Send PM

You have quite a collection there. None of it is bed bug related.

4. Momnextdoor

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Mar 29 2015 21:53:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Phew, thanks! Yeah, I took the whole old box spring apart & picked every buggy thing out of there I could find. Thanks for relieving my bed bug fears. I have had so many clients that lost everything to bedbugs! I think I might have gone a little overboard ripping the bed apart, but at least you answered me before I got to the mattress!

I was worried about the bites, but hopefully a deep spring cleaning will prevent those. I have tons of books in my room, so maybe book lice or dust mites, & my kids kept bringing our chicken inside to the basement because it was so cold this winter, so hopefully they didn't bring in bird mites.

This is a great website! I'm going to get some passive monitors for our beds so I can continue to keep an eye out, because I know my daughter's dad will probably never get rid of his bb's. It was neat to read about those.

Again, thanks for taking a look at my "collection"!

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 30 2015 5:14:57
    #

Login to Send PM

The shed skins are from carpet beetle larvae. The beetles look like 2 species; one looks like a plaster beetle and possibly other also could be a related species of plaster beetle. But neither is a bed bug.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,410 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams