Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Preparing for my first treatment- some questions-

(2 posts)
  1. bbmd

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 23 2017 19:30:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I am preparing for my first bed bug treatment (steam and chemical based) on Friday.

I just ID'd a live one running across my bed last night (adult) PCO found fecals, eggs and molts on the bottom of my wooden bed frame

Questions:

1. I want to throw out my bedframe- It is all wooden, in order to inspect is very cumbersome to take apart and there are an infinite number of knooks within the wood for the suckers to hide. Do I need a temporary bedframe in the mean time? I was planning on encasing my mattress leaving it on the floor and sleeping on it

2. My PCO said its fine for me to sleep on my couch until treatment. Hes going to treat my whole apartment anyway and he said in 2 days it would not be a big deal

3. ANy other tips on prep? System for bagging clean/dirty clothes after laundering. What to do with books, papers, electronics, unwashable/undryable items?>

Thanks...

Praying this works

2. bbmd

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Aug 24 2017 17:13:35
    #

Login to Send PM

First treatment tomorrow and have some questions

If anyone can give input on above questions I would appreciate it- They are doing steam and chemical (cannot do heat given apartment location in high rise)

1. Im throwing out my bed frame- its very old needs to go anyway and cumbersome as its all heavy wood with plenty of hiding places. I plan to encase mattress and leave directly on the ground. Is this a bad idea? I know people speak of "isolating" the bed....

2. My PCO who seems very knowledgeable and trustworthy says I do not have to sleep on my bed after treatment. Would it be a bad idea to sleep on my couch? I have talked to others who were successfully treated who slept on their sofas during the course of treatment- What are peoples thoughts

3. How do you deal with papers/jewelry and objects that cannot be put a dryer??? I dont have a packtite.

Thanks for your help

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,816 posts in 49,812 topics over 154 months by 21,801 of 22,267 members. Latest: Purplebrain, MrBedbug, Pioneer47