preparing a box spring for encasement

(6 posts)
  1. The Martini

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri May 14 2010 10:24:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I just two twin-sized protect-a-bed box spring covers. We opened them last night and saw that we were instructed to cover all contact points with self-adhesive felt. The package came with a two by two inch "sample."
    Does that mean we need to go out and buy enough self-adhesive felt to cover anyplace the box spring comes in contact with the cover? (ie all around the edge). Or are they just talking about sharp corners?

2. fantastapotamus

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri May 14 2010 15:35:43
    #

Login to Send PM

In my case I applied duct tape (2 layers) over all sharp spots on my frame, where bolts came through, corners, joints.. anywhere that I felt may be hazardous to the health of the encasement. Take your time and go over everything that might come in contact with the boxpring because I found sharp areas where I wouldn't have thought at first glance.

I then put felt pads down on the frame to create a level platform my bed would rest on, and also reduce the possibility of it sitting directly on top of something I taped (in case the tape wore through and sharp edges cut the encasement).

I don't think you want to cover the entire frame in felt, but definitely use the pads to cover the most troublesome areas.

3. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri May 14 2010 16:16:06
    #

Login to Send PM

read what I wrote here http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/mattress-encasements-2

This may help ..

4. The Martini

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun May 16 2010 1:04:37
    #

Login to Send PM

why never a box spring cover? I don't think I can return the box spring covers we bought already... Our PCO did recommend it...

5. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon May 17 2010 14:53:29
    #

Login to Send PM

The box spring encasements are made of different material then the mattress encasements.
    The mattress encasement material is superior in strength and will hold up much better.

6. The Martini

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon May 24 2010 8:55:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks...We'll keep that in mind...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,680 posts in 49,526 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982