Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Prep and Getting Ready for Treatment - Transport and Cryonite [expert input pls]

(8 posts)
  1. maltmom

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri May 2 2014 11:31:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Had the PCO come out and am now in the midst of prepping for treatment. This is a lot of work! Hubby thinks I'm nuts (of course he hasn't seen anything and says he has no bites).
    Anyway, decluttering, vacuuming, steaming what I can, bagging boxing, washing, etc., begging son and son in law to come help flip over our mattress/furniture to vacuum. And, to get the mattress onto a frame - we've always had the mattress and box spring on the floor to make it easier for the dogs to climb up the stairs to the bed. They both work six days a week and don't live nearby so I feel bad asking. I didn't think we had a lot of stuff, but no attic and three big walk in closets equals a lot more stuff than I thought. Once the stuff comes out of the closet where do you put it?? And, why don't grown children take their junk with them when they move out???

Anyway, we're drowning in a sea of space saver bags and plastic bins and the poor dogs are wondering where their day beds are...I had to pitch those since I did find a couple of eggs and casings in one of them. I washed and dried them, but it was just to gross to keep.

I've ripped any and all wallpaper out of the two upstairs bathrooms - it was already on my to do list as some of the seams were loose.

Good news is I haven't had any bites in a while, so I'm hoping I've at least vacuumed and steamed quite a bit of these nasty buggers.

Anyway, again. The PCO treats with cryonite and transport and is going to do the whole house upstairs and downstairs. We will also get one year's guarantee and says they will come back anytime during that year that we see signs of more bugs, but they don't automatically come back to treat but will be out quarterly for regular pest control and can address any issues at that time if we don't call before. I was concerned about eggs, bugs they missed.

He said we don't need to empty out the kitchen cabinets of plates, pots, etc., and can leave the food in the pantry, too. Sound right? Most of downstairs is tile except for the den and that's the only room downstairs that we really use.

What do y'all think about the cryonite and transport?

He seems to think we have a light infestation and the one treatment will take care of the problem. Two of our three bedrooms have been unoccupied for over a year and I only spend a few hours a week in one doing paperwork. One of them hasn't had a mattress in it in over two/three years and we bagged and got rid of the offending mattress in the other and I've steamcleaned that room to within an inch of it's life.

Sorry for the novella... guess I really just needed to vent. I'm too old for this *&$!&$!!!!

2. mangycur

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri May 2 2014 12:43:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow you are going through a lot! I too am living in a sea of bags and plastic file totes. My boyfriend is a photographer and I am a teacher so we have sooooo many photos and books which are now sealed in plastic for 1.5 years. Sigh.

3. maltmom

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri May 2 2014 13:01:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your reply. I don't think I'm going through anymore than anyone else. It just gets me down that I have no help. Hubby is disabled and doesn't seem to think there is a problem. Daughter is pregnant and son lives a distance away, but is trying to fix his schedule to come help this weekend and he and son-in-law works six days a week.

WOW 1.5 years??? I can't imagine! This sucks, doesn't it? I have tons of photos, but they've been in plastic totes and PCO thinks they aren't infested and he thinks my paperwork should be okay, too, having been stored in plastic totes.

I have about 20 books, used to be a hoarder, put pared those down years ago and kept the one's I'll never part with. I went through those with a hand held OTT light and magnifying glass, didn't see any signs and bagged those up.

The one thing I'm really sad about getting rid of is my stash of yarn. I read up on it and since it was acrylic after much research it seems that acrylic yarn doesn't do well in the dryer unless already crocheted. At least it was inexpensive yarn and most bought on sale. I love to crochet and am worried about bringing more yarn in and am missing my hobby.

Hope your situation gets better! Thanks for replying!!! It really does help to share.

4. mangycur

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri May 2 2014 13:25:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I agree it does help to share. i look forward to hearing more expert replies to your topics, too!

5. maltmom

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri May 2 2014 19:35:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, mangycur. I'm hoping for some expert input also - especially on the cryonite and transport.

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun May 4 2014 2:58:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I changed your title slightly so experts will know you are looking for their input on these pesticides.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  7. mangycur

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon May 5 2014 11:50:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, Nobugs! Maltmom, I had Transport last Thursday and even though i believe I got a couple bites yesterday, I have not seen any live bugs around since Thursday, which is really significant because I was seeing MANY live bugs a day before the spray.

8. mangycur

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon May 5 2014 11:57:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, Nobugs! Maltmom, I had Transport last Thursday and even though i believe I got a couple bites yesterday, I have not seen any live bugs around since Thursday, which is really significant because I was seeing MANY live bugs a day before the spray.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,704 posts in 49,532 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,143 members. Latest: shawnpayne1982, JaphaSundog, Missdebra2323