Practical tips for avoiding re-infestation

(2 posts)
  1. cestlavie

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Sep 4 2019 21:32:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi folks – I hope you're doing well (or at least as well as you can!). I'm writing because I've had bed bugs in the past and now I'd like to avoid catching them again. I know that a lot of it is outside of my control but would you have practical tips to avoid reintroducing them in an apartment?

For example, let's say you're coming back from work. What do you do with the clothes you've been wearing outside? Do you put them immediately in a sealed container? What about bags/backpacks/shoes? Do you take a shower to make sure no bugs are on you/your underwear?

I know that this sounds excessive but I have no idea what reasonable measures I should have to avoid catching these bugs again, and I'd really appreciate your help on that. Thanks!

2. Buggoutz

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Sep 4 2019 22:42:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I think you can search previous threads for details. I remember that people step on plastic/metal container to change clothes. Otherwise, it's what you said basically. Wash and dry clothes, and frequent inspection.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19