(6 posts)
  1. JimL10010

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Nov 7 2012 23:23:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello All...

I just moved into my first apartment. Four to five weeks later, I started to notice some bites on my ankles. Naturally I started worrying about bed bugs... here is an image of a rather large bug bite on the inside of my ankle . From what I have read, most bed bugs bite in small lines, and this was just a couple of large bites around my ankles. With that in mind, I started to sweep my bed looking throughout the seams etc and couldn't really find anything. However, as I was just laying down I felt something scurry across my foot. I looked down and saw a very TINY object moving across my foot. I smashed it as hard as I could with my hand and here is the result

This lead to a more intense search across my bed. I started to find what looks like little green exoskeletons along with white and black sesame seed type objects

I tried squeezing both black and white sesame seeds and the black looks like some sort of fecal matter, it was very hard. The white object burst and some liquid starting to seep out (ugh). I put the white seed on my desk and cut it open with a knife and placed it next to a dime. You can also see the black object on top of the dime as well.

sorry for the long winded rant but I am starting to worry that I have some sort of contamination. I have been checking my whole bed and cannot see any signs of bed bugs (in the seams etc.) I looked at one of the couches my roomate brought from home and found similar items between the cushions. You can see another white egg looking object with liquid around it( left side of image)

Can anyone help identify what these things are?

Thanks in advance.

2. JimL10010

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Nov 7 2012 23:25:12
    #

Login to Send PM

ahhh I see the images didn't post. let me try again

3. JimL10010

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Nov 7 2012 23:26:54
    #

Login to Send PM

http://i.imgur.com/rYSyu.jpg

sorry for the dual post, the images should make sense along with my long winded rant

4. JimL10010

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Nov 8 2012 0:35:10
    #

Login to Send PM

update I found a flat reddish object that looked similar to a bed bug. I put it on a dime and squished it with a knife. this is the result

i am having trouble seeing what this is. I cannot find legs

5. JimL10010

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Nov 8 2012 1:07:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I just found another reddish item. what the hell is this? it is extremely flat and thin

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Nov 8 2012 9:56:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't ID any of that on my phone but perhaps an expert or someone looking on a PC will have ore luck.

Note: the "rule" that bed bugs bite in a line is not accurate. It can happen but so do singles, doubles, triples, etc.

If you find anything else, please take an image of it before you stab it or squish it.

Also, if you follow the instructions here and upload the largest size to an anonymous account on Flickr, with appropriate permissions settings, people can click the image to view the largest version.

Also, did your landlord provide the bed bug disclosure form before you signed your lease?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,552 posts in 49,285 topics over 152 months by 21,598 of 22,023 members. Latest: TW20, MyAccountHere, eldina714