Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Post your gratitudes and cheer yourself up!

(8 posts)
  1. Scaredykate

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Aug 21 2018 18:06:04
    #

Login to Send PM

When I first discovered I had bedbugs over a month ago I felt like I was losing my mind! I am even seeking professional counseling because of this. One thing that is really helped me is listing the things I'm grateful for!

You guys should too.

I'll start:

I'm grateful that just my stuff and apartment are "sick", and that my friends and family are all in good health.

I'm grateful for my parents.

I'm grateful that I am being taught a valuable lesson on materialism at a young age. (I'm only 22 but I have collected soooo many shoes and bags and clothes that I am slowly learning I don't need....still morning the loss of my decorative pillows though).

I'm grateful that my friends still want to be a part of my life even after knowing I have bedbugs!

What about you guys?

2. Dlmcc

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Aug 21 2018 20:54:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm grateful that I have a home, a healthy happy family ... and a wonderful exterminator lol. Omg things can be so much worse. I'm blown away by the power a bug can have over people including myself, but i remind myself daily it's just a f*****g bug. I'm doing all I can to kill and prevent them. I'm not going to stop traveling I'll just be more careful. Ive read endless replies to others by big dummy and Lou, can't thank them enough - I'm feeling calmer and more in control over this everyday. good luck to you scaredykaty, your post made my day!

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Aug 21 2018 22:21:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Scaredykate - 4 hours ago  » 

I'm grateful that just my stuff and apartment are "sick", and that my friends and family are all in good health.

I love this!

I don’t have bed bugs now but I am grateful for the people who participate in the site and help others.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. BuggedHoosier

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Aug 23 2018 1:14:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm thankful for this forum. I found it a few months ago but finally signed up just a few days ago to share my experience. Almost 3 weeks without a bug sighting and I'm a happy camper. I was feeling very alone and just at my wits end until I found this forum. And I hope my experience and story helps someone else.

Thank you for starting this thread ScardeyKate

5. Itsgoingtobefine

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Mon Nov 12 2018 16:58:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I am grateful that this is just bugs. It could be worse. I’m glad me and my SO are healthy, that my family is healthy. No one is dying. My apartement could’ve burned down, and everything would’ve been lost. This shall pass, and everything will be back to normal. I am glad I have a home. I am glad our families have been so helpful.

6. SalsaVince

Posted 11 months ago
    Tue Nov 13 2018 9:45:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Great idea Kate. It is so important to focus on the positive when you're going through any challenge in life or you can easily get consumed by it. My mom was watching the news of the terrible fires in California and thought, well, at least I still have my stuff. It's not burnt up, it's just bagged up, temporarily. I think after it's over, we will feel good about looking around her place and seeing how it's better organized and even seems like she has more space. As others have said, it makes you focus on what's really important: faith, family, friends. The experience teaches you that you may be stronger and braver than you thought you were. And, although it wasn't under the best circumstances, since I've been going over there at least 3 times a week, I've spent more time with my mom in the past month than I have in years. It was nice bumping into old pictures and stuff that she had stored away from my childhood. I think a lot of people don't get to experience that with their parents because they don't look through stuff until after they've passed away. I got to do it with her so we could reminisce together. I have a feeling that it's actually going to be a fond memory that I will cherish in the future years. So thank you bed bugs! Now, get out and don't come back!

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  7. VeryScared2FindOut

Posted 11 months ago
    Wed Nov 14 2018 11:03:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I am grateful for those who can show the positive to those of us who tend to see the negative.

8. tryingforcalm

Posted 7 months ago
    Tue Mar 19 2019 21:24:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I am grateful that even though I am sad and angry that I have had to deal with bedbugs more than once, I have: friends I can talk to about it, a sincere desire to responsibly get rid of them and prevent them from returning, and access to resources to help keep me calm while I am dealing with this. I am grateful that even though it truly sucks that bedbugs have reappeared in our society, from what I understand it is in part because we stopped using pesticides that were wreaking havoc on the planet and harming moms and babies. What a good post. A good reminder.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,816 posts in 49,812 topics over 154 months by 21,801 of 22,267 members. Latest: Purplebrain, MrBedbug, Pioneer47