Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Post treatment worries (neighbour not yet treated)

(3 posts)
  1. bugged84

    newbite
    Joined: Jun '16
    Posts: 14

    offline

    Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jun 28 2016 11:55:12
    #



    Login to Send PM

    I live in a 2 unit building.

    A couple of months ago I started getting bitten, I was sure it was bedbugs and contacted my landlord who didn't want to do anything about it. She told me she'd asked the neighbouring unit and the said there was no problem in their unit. She places blame easily, but that's another rant.

    As my landlord would not co-operate I got a PCO over to inspect my place, found some spotting but no live activity. Decided to get my whole unit treated (2 treatments 14 days in between). Also no live activity found during the treatments.

    I've also had a follow-up inspection and nothing has been found. I don't think I've had any new bites since (can be hard to tell whats new vs whats old).

    HOWEVER! I managed to speak to the neighbouring unit (hard as they are very private and don't answer the door) they confirmed they have been getting bites for some time. I got a PCO to inspect their place today and they instantly found 3 live bed bugs on the first bed they checked (3 BR's) and then the inspection stops (standard practice apparently).

    I'm worried that my landlord or neighbour are not taking the issue seriously and won't seek any treatment. I also concerned BBs will come back to my unit. I'm trying to move in 60 days (Landlord won't renew my lease because I have been a headache on this issue, lol).

    My PCO's said they probably won't come back if people are still living next door and I should be protected with the residual that they put down and moving should be fine, very low risk of bringing any with me.

    Am I just paranoid? I'm taking the landlord issue to my tenancy board, but this will take a long time to get a resolution.

    I also have family from overseas coming to stay in a couple of weeks, they have young kids. PCO seems to think I'm all good after the 2 treatments, they offer a 90-day warrenty. I'd hate to turn away family or have them get bitten or take BB's back home with them.

    Thanks for any advice / support you can offer.

  2. bugged84

    newbite
    Joined: Jun '16
    Posts: 14

    offline

    Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Jun 29 2016 14:57:33
    #



    Login to Send PM

    Bump....anyone?

  3. thirdusername

    oldtimer
    Joined: Oct '17
    Posts: 810

    offline

    Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Oct 18 2017 21:15:53
    #



    Login to Send PM

    How did it turn out?

    I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.

RSS feed for this topic


Reply

You must log in to post.

294,704 posts in 49,532 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,143 members. Latest: shawnpayne1982, JaphaSundog, Missdebra2323