Post-treatment, anything else to do?

(3 posts)
  1. sitzfleisch

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Thu Dec 13 2018 11:47:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey! So yesterday the exterminator came to treat my apartment — he said from looking that it is just minor, as there’s very little sign of fecal or anything, and that it’s most likely just my room, but he treated my roommate’s room and the couches in my living room to be safe.

He seemed trustworthy, but I wanted to get a second opinion on here because he basically just came in, sprayed everything with dragnet and some kind of white powder from a squeeze bottle, and told me to hot dry all my sheets. He said he would come back after Christmas if necessary but most likely this is all I need in terms of treatment. Is that true? Is there anything else I should do? I am going to visit my parents for Christmas from the 20th to the 29th, so I want to make sure I’m not leaving the place to get worse in my absence...

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Thu Dec 13 2018 11:51:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Without being there I have no idea what your infestation is like, but yes, sometimes it can be as simple as that, especially if you caught it early.

3. sitzfleisch

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Thu Dec 13 2018 12:10:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you! yeah I guess there’s not much you can say without being here but just to give you an idea - I started noticing bites about a month ago, the pattern was: woke up one morning with three bites, then nothing for two weeks, then 5 bites, nothing again for a week, four bites, nothing again for a week, and then this Tuesday I woke up with one bite and finally found my first actual bed bug, caught by a spider by the base of my bed (thanks spider!!). Armed with proof, I got my landlord to send an exterminator, who came by yesterday. This whole time my roommate hasn’t been bitten at all, and I’ve been consistently trying to find signs of them but haven’t seen any proof other than the one bug I found.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,988 posts in 49,598 topics over 153 months by 21,730 of 22,177 members. Latest: nadialula, Charybdea, Maria081