Post-travel Luggage Paranoia

(2 posts)
  1. bitemelady

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Dec 30 2016 15:48:17
    #

Login to Send PM

There were bedbugs in my apartment in July; after weeks of treatment, in August I was 'cleared' by a beagle. However, I just traveled for the holidays and have since returned. I haven't touched my suitcase because I am too freaked out. It was a new one that I bought after throwing out two in July--just in case.

1. Should I throw away this suitcase, just to be sure? It is a hardshell case; I thought that might help deter visitors. I did buy the Zapbugg heater--should I try to heat it in there? I am scared that there might be a bug in/on the oven and by taking it out then I might re-infest my apartment.

2. Should I wash all things in my suitcase over again even though I just washed them before packing them back up?

3. I used to store my suitcase under my bed (because I live in a studio), but now where should I store it? I still have the box that it came in, should I store it there? Should I store it in a big black contractor bag?

I think I am stressed about other things.. and therefore, my PTSD/paranoia is acting up, but I feel totally locked up and terrified to even go near my luggage. I haven't unpacked it at all.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Dec 30 2016 16:49:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Just traveling should not cause such a reaction; slow down, think about the lack of evidence and carry on with life.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,704 posts in 49,532 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,143 members. Latest: shawnpayne1982, JaphaSundog, Missdebra2323