Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Post Bed Bug Paranoia - what do you do when sitting on strange chairs?

(4 posts)
  1. Hersheykiss

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jun 1 2017 8:07:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I am post bed bug and find myself paranoid about sitting on other's chairs at work. I have to relieve our front desk person for her breaks each day. I refuse to sit in the desk chair and I wonder what others do when you have to sit elsewhere? I feel totally paranoid, but I do not ever want to experience this again! My legs and back are paying the price as I am standing on hard concrete and I need to find a way to sit in that awful chair. FYI...our bug guy has been through and there hasn't been any sign of the horrible creatures anywhere.

2. OCDwithBB

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jun 1 2017 8:32:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I would go about your day and then remove all clothes/bags before entering your home and throw them in the dryer or a packtite. I don't really think there's a way to ever 100% be sure you are avoiding them as there are infinite (okay maybe that's an exaggeration) ways to contract them/for people to spread them. So the best you can do is avoid bringing them in even if you happen to pick them up. Of course I am not advocating you hang out where there is a known infestation, just that you don't let it ruin your daily life and maybe possibly lower your productivity at work. I am not an expert by any means so maybe one can chime in with a better response. I just have OCD and spend too much time reading about bed bugs. Hope you're able to find a solution that works for you. Sorry you're having such a tough time. Hang in there!

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jun 1 2017 8:51:21
    #

Login to Send PM

No sign of bed bugs? Then by all means stop torturing your back and just sit down.

4. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jun 1 2017 10:03:27
    #

Login to Send PM

As a general rule choose the most uncomfortable chair, because people would spend less time there. But I would sit down if I were you in that situation. Maybe I'd sit forward a little so if there was a bug he'd have to expose himself to get to you.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,319 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto