Possibly seeing a bed bug?

(4 posts)
  1. paranoidofeverything

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 10 2018 15:17:56
    #

Login to Send PM

So I am currently living in a hotel room and yesterday night (around 7pm, it's still bright outside tho) I just saw a bug that's really similar to bed bug on the desk, it even have the stripe on its back, but it's black though. Obviously I tried to take a photo of said bug but it suddenly disappears. Then I panicked and decide to search the bed for blood stains and fecal stains, but didn't find anything. I also look at my skin and didn't see any bite marks, and I didn't really feel itchy. Later I discovered a flying bug in my room that looks similar to the bug I first saw, knowing that bed bug cannot fly, I relaxed and went to sleep, and woke up without any bite marks or itchiness. However, today I discover that the flying bug actually looks quite different to the first bug I saw (I keep the window only a little bit opened so I think it's the same bug) and now I am worried again. I know it's probably hard to evaluate my situation, but what is the possibility of a bed bug infestation occurring in my room? Thank you!

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 10 2018 18:09:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Relax, breathe, and drink more wine. Forget about everything else

3. paranoidofeverything

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Aug 11 2018 2:27:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you haha. So I sleep again and still didn't seen anything similar to bed bug bite (I do have some red spot on my skin tho, but they are just single spot). Thus yesterday I realize that there's actually two flying bugs in my room (so it is possible for bugs to enter my room, and I did not see all bugs in my room) so I think it is possible that the original bug that looks similar to bed bug probably just flys away or hides. And I will leave the hotel today. Can I say that my room probably don't have bed bugs in it? And what can I do to ensure that I didn't bring them to other places/home?

Oh, is there any bug that are very similar looking to bed bug (like even the stripe on their back is similar) but is instead black?

4. paranoidofeverything

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Aug 11 2018 8:07:55
    #

Login to Send PM

KillerQueen - 13 hours ago  » 
    Relax, breathe, and drink more wine. Forget about everything else

Oh, and I want to ask a question, is the possibility of seeing a bed bug on a desk when it's still relatively bright outside and cannot find any fecal stains, blood stains, and bug bites high?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,452 posts in 46,581 topics over 142 months by 20,545 of 21,411 members. Latest: PrismArc, unclejohn, WheelBugger