Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Possibly pregnant found adult and nymph... Now what?

(5 posts)
  1. found2

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Dec 1 2012 13:52:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I might possibly be pregnant and don't want to use pesticides due to dangers to unborn child. I found one live adult and one live nymph on box spring a week ago. Nothing else . I received bites twice in a BLD pattern spaced two weeks apart. My husband has no bites that he is aware of.
    I encased our mattress and box spring & pillows and dried our clothes on high for 60 minutes and bagged them. I have a steamer which I am using along baseboards along with vacuuming. I have walk ups on my bed. We live in a single family home and have no idea how this happened. The stress in unbearable. My husband is resistant to thermal treatment of the house since we only found 2 on the box spring and is worried about damage and the possibility that they will just find " cool spots" and the $ . I am planning on having a dog come in this week.
    What else can I do aside from pesticides ?

2. NOtobedbugs

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Dec 1 2012 14:01:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm just a reader of this website but first of all you should probably make sure what you found was indeed bedbugs. Do you still have them? If so post a picture and there are some wonderful experts on here that will help you ID them.
    Also, David Cain, who is one of the experts on here developed a product called a passive monitor. Search for it on here. It may help you also.

3. triceratops

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Dec 1 2012 14:03:38
    #

Login to Send PM

i have a newborn baby, when the pcos did the spray we just have to be out of the place for a long time, and open up the windows when you return home. we stay out for atleast 10 hours.
    it will be very hard to get rid of bedbugs without an exterminator, but what i did was put double sided tape along the walls, you can vacume, dry steam clean the carpets, i put my bed legs in tupperware with oil in them..

4. found2

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Dec 1 2012 14:50:36
    #

Login to Send PM

They bugs were given a positive ID as being bed bugs by two pcos that came to my house.
    Both recommended using pesticides and had a list of about 5 different ones that they would use for various locations in the house. I am not comfortable with this nor is my husband .
    I have not been bit ( that I know of) since the encasement and walk ups were installed, about 9 days ago. Luckily we have all hard wood floors and only a few area rugs, but its a 2100 sf home and the cleaning is so daunting. I'm hopefully they were just on the mattress and not anywhere else like the closet . I can't get a dog here soon enough!!!

5. arianacassie

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Dec 1 2012 15:26:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I feel your pain. I have 3 kids youngest 7. A dog, cat and a snake. My issues was my sons asthma . We had a lot of bugs in my sons room and i sprayed the crap out of it , wrapped everything and dumped it . I know in hind site it probably wasnt the best idea but I panicked. We could not afford a PCO , so i researched and decided to spray what i saw and used the powder around the baseboards. I never used any pesticides after that. My son went into a bad asthma attack that led to pneumonia the first round ugh. I arm myself with steam and constant vacuuming. Its long and tedious. I would have used a PCO in a minute if I could afford it. I am far from an expert and am humbled by all the knowledge on here. There are so many great articles i would recommend reading all.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,704 posts in 49,532 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,143 members. Latest: shawnpayne1982, JaphaSundog, Missdebra2323