Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Possibly Fecal? Please assist

(3 posts)
  1. VeryScared2FindOut

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Mar 18 2019 7:19:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been trying to monitor now since...well forever. My last know exposure would have been Dec 2018 when some persons who had had issue, thought it resolved, found out not, re self treated and were 2 weeks prior to professional treatment. They claimed to have been taking all precautions. Anyway....I check sheets and white mattress topper and under that the white encasement weekly...not found anything that doesn't brush away until last night...inside husbands pillow case. Doused it with rubbing alcohol and it didn't bleed but, wanted a second opinion.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/144437358@N05/46688153964/in/dateposted-public/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/144437358@N05/46688153424/in/dateposted-public/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/144437358@N05/46688152554/in/dateposted-public/

I would expect fecal to bleed with rubbing alcohol but, it didn't. I really would have thought that if I was rampant since December 2018 or possibly before I would have found a bug by now.

I have broken down and have ordered the cardboard passive monitors. Will try those for some peace of mind. I have some plastic ones but they seem to travel all over between my mattress and foundation so I am not sure that the fact they are still clear is a good indication of anything.

Thanks for the assistance and allowing me a place to vent this out.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Mar 18 2019 7:42:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

This is not bedbug related, it is too homogeneous black and was too viscous when deposited. It is most likely synthetic in nature.

If you have a look at the "blood spots on sheets primer" and the example images of faecal traces you will see the fine detail is not correct.

It can take a while to get your eye in and work out the detail but its a worthwhile investment if you wish to avoid the highs and lows of not knowing.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. VeryScared2FindOut

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Mar 18 2019 9:56:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for taking the time to answer me. I feel sometimes like I have looked at the primers and all the pictures so many times that I see everything as what I am afraid to find. I will say that my alcohol trick definitely tells me when I have found an actual ink stain, LOL.

As ALWAYS, I appreciate this forum as a place to connect and discuss. AND...credit this forum with helping me get a better knowledge of "bugs" in general even if it's not the magic to rid me of my phobic nature...knowledge is power.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,804 posts in 49,552 topics over 153 months by 21,709 of 22,154 members. Latest: Jcschw, Zirrion, Natureboy325