Possible reinfestation 4 month later?

(3 posts)
  1. Gabookgirl93

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Apr 11 2017 17:34:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Back in December we discovered bedbugs in our couch. The infestation was mild . We threw away our couch and all of our furniture as well as most of our clothes and other belongings. We had an exterminator come spray 3 times. Our only remaining items were packed up in cardboard boxes, I sprayed the inside of all the boxes, wiped all my items down with rubbing alcohol, spayed the items for good measure sealeed the boxes then wrapped them in several layers of industrial shrink wrap so nothing could get in our out. I had the house remodeled in February and this is the first time I have been home since the house was sprayed in December (my mother in law had extensive surgery and we have been staying with her through her recovery and while my home was remodeled) . I unpacked some of my air tight boxes last night and set traps everywhere. My best friend helped me unpack. She called me this afternoon and to my horror discovered a full grown bed bug on her pillow. I immediately drive to my house to check the traps, all of which were clear, and to respect the few boxed I had left, they were also all clear. The guys remodeling my houses are there for hours a day and havent encountered any at all. I have an exterminator coming tomorrow to inspect everything. I guess I just want to know is it possible that she picked up the bug from my house and im still infested or is it more likely that she unfortunately has them. I'm so worried. I cleared out my saveings account fighting them last time. I cannot afford to pay 3000 dollars again. I've been in a state of horrible anxiety since she called.

2. Gabookgirl93

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Apr 11 2017 17:35:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry for any typos I'm on my phone

3. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Apr 12 2017 6:57:57
    #

Login to Send PM

She needs to post a picture of the bug. You need to cross the t's and dot the i's, and take things one step at a time. Either is a possibility.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,659 posts in 50,009 topics over 154 months by 21,868 of 22,349 members. Latest: fightingback, Jenloaa, pleasestop